5,596,784 Members 47,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stereo Bluetooth Headset Headphone Caller ID Display

Tip us?
 
javier.martinez
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Barcelona
Tablet [Q] Stereo Bluetooth Headset Headphone Caller ID Display

Hi,

Are some of you using a Stereo Bluetooth Headset Headphone with Caller ID Display?
I'll like to use my Note 8 as primary phone (answer and make calls) but using a Headset and if it's also able to manage my music so much better.

Best Regards,
Javier
 
rEVOLVE
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 207
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier.martinez View Post
Hi,

Are some of you using a Stereo Bluetooth Headset Headphone with Caller ID Display?
I'll like to use my Note 8 as primary phone (answer and make calls) but using a Headset and if it's also able to manage my music so much better.

Best Regards,
Javier
I'm assuming you mean the type where the display is on a separate piece that you can clip to your shirt. That works well, but there are some i've seen (not recently) that have the display on the actual earpiece which means if you are wearing it and a call comes in, you won't know who's calling without some voice caller id or pulling the headset off your head and looking at it (or looking at your phone, in which case the whole point is moot).

I used to think this was a good way to go, but instead just went with a smartwatch when they started to become available, as the watch can show you the caller ID and lets you use any bluetooth headset to talk on the call that you'd like.

I'm using the Metawatch Frame, but I also am waiting on my white Pebble to finally ship. I set caller ID and texts to come to my watch.
The Following User Says Thank You to rEVOLVE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kisrita
Old
(Last edited by kisrita; 22nd May 2013 at 12:24 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 393
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEVOLVE View Post
I'm assuming you mean the type where the display is on a separate piece that you can clip to your shirt. That works well, but there are some i've seen (not recently) that have the display on the actual earpiece which means if you are wearing it and a call comes in, you won't know who's calling without some voice caller id or pulling the headset off your head and looking at it (or looking at your phone, in which case the whole point is moot).

I used to think this was a good way to go, but instead just went with a smartwatch when they started to become available, as the watch can show you the caller ID and lets you use any bluetooth headset to talk on the call that you'd like.

I'm using the Metawatch Frame, but I also am waiting on my white Pebble to finally ship. I set caller ID and texts to come to my watch.
I use a Pebble and Jabra Sport together (or sometimes just the phone hooked to my stereo) to listen to music on the phone wirelessly. The Jabra controls volume and the Pebble displays the songs and can skip forward a track or back. Both can pause/play. You still get notifications on your watch no need to touch the phone. Great combo!

Edit: I'm not sure about the Jabra Sport handling calls simultaneously with music. I think you would need a more up to date bluetooth headset, so check that it can connect to multiple devices simultaneously and can handle both music and phone calls. I think the Jabra Sport can handle music OR phone calls over bluetooth, but not both. I haven't tested this, but when I place a check mark in phone audio in the bluetooth Jabra settings, it switches music play to the phone from the headset. (?)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to kisrita For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
phateticwaltz
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 46
Join Date: Oct 2010
my combination is sony smartwatch and samsung bluetooth handset HM5000

I use HM5000 because I don't like handset that you need to stick in your ear.
 
lucifer06
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Aug 2007
Using mine with sony smart bluetooth headset pro. Can read/playback sms and gmail with callerid display and fm radio function too. Great if u prefer to use ur own earphones.
 
drexappeal
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 85
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier.martinez View Post
Hi,

Are some of you using a Stereo Bluetooth Headset Headphone with Caller ID Display?
I'll like to use my Note 8 as primary phone (answer and make calls) but using a Headset and if it's also able to manage my music so much better.

Best Regards,
Javier
I purchased a Sony Wireless Headset Pro (Lite Version). The MW1 is way overpriced, but I was so obsessed with trying different bluetooth dongles/adapters, that I had to give it a shot. Sony just released a newer stereo bluetooth recently, but I got a decent deal $80 (retail is $120). Contrary to what many of the reviews say, lots of the apps actually do work, but it's very very quirky. Caller ID display, as well as the other apps do the job that I need them to (when they are actually working properly). Main reason I got this is for daily use, while at work or on the go on the weekends.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
javier.martinez
Old
(Last edited by javier.martinez; 20th June 2013 at 07:54 AM.) Reason: typo
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I purchased a Sony Wireless Headset Pro (Lite Version). The MW1 is way overpriced, but I was so obsessed with trying different bluetooth dongles/adapters, that I had to give it a shot. Sony just released a newer stereo bluetooth recently, but I got a decent deal $80 (retail is $120). Contrary to what many of the reviews say, lots of the apps actually do work, but it's very very quirky. Caller ID display, as well as the other apps do the job that I need them to (when they are actually working properly). Main reason I got this is for daily use, while at work or on the go on the weekends.
At the end I bought the MW1 and I works very well, but the software has a lot of problems and It makes the tablet very slow.
 
drexappeal
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 85
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier.martinez View Post
At the end I bought the MW1 and I works very well, but the software has a lot of problems and It makes the table very slow.
Yup...lol. When I first got it, I got pissed cuz it automatically started updating once I downloaded the app. Then it was in an update loop, so I had to update through my work cpu. Really frustrating. Overall, I have been happy enough not to return. Just wouldn't recommend to anybody looking for the best bang for the buck.

Posted from G-Note 2
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MSK1
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 187
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEVOLVE View Post
I'm assuming you mean the type where the display is on a separate piece that you can clip to your shirt. That works well, but there are some i've seen (not recently) that have the display on the actual earpiece which means if you are wearing it and a call comes in, you won't know who's calling without some voice caller id or pulling the headset off your head and looking at it (or looking at your phone, in which case the whole point is moot).

I used to think this was a good way to go, but instead just went with a smartwatch when they started to become available, as the watch can show you the caller ID and lets you use any bluetooth headset to talk on the call that you'd like.

I'm using the Metawatch Frame, but I also am waiting on my white Pebble to finally ship. I set caller ID and texts to come to my watch.
What's the best headset with caller ID.

I know people worry about having to look at headset while it's on head. ... but my plan would be too only put this on the head when you have a call.
 
rEVOLVE
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 207
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSK1 View Post
What's the best headset with caller ID.

I know people worry about having to look at headset while ... be too only put this on the head when you have a call.
I should have also mentioned that in my research of this also realized that a bluetooth headset with an lcd display would either end up being so big in order to accommodate seeing the Caller ID easily and quickly or to get a small size, the headset LCD would be so small that you would have to waste precious time for enough of the caller info to scroll across the screen when you were getting a call AND THEN struggle to put on your ear in time to catch the call. that's usually too much time to pass so call is either going to voicemail or the dialer will hang up. Or you end up having an LCD display with texts so small in order to fit more info that it's very hard to read.
Good luck in finding a good model, if after finding this out you still believe that this is your best option though.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes