[Q] CWM infinite loop

OP OperationNT

15th February 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23

84 posts
Hello everyone,

I have a P760 with V20I firmware, unlocked bootloader with CWM. I made a mistake : I tried the update through official firmware feature. It restarted my device and instead of doing the update, it went to CWM recovery menu.
Now, I am trapped on an infinite loop with this recovery menu : when I exist CWM recovery, it restarts CWM instead of the phone firmware.
I tried to restore a backup but it still restart me in CWM .

Do you have any idea how I can restore my phone ?

Thank you very much for your help.

EDIT : I tried to fastboot my device and restore CWM, I am still locked in the recovery start loop. I also tried, with fastboot to set TWM as a recovery, I still have the same issue : my device automatically reboots in TWM.
Last edited by OperationNT; 15th February 2014 at 04:50 PM.
15th February 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

84 posts
I spend 6 hours trying to apply my own advice :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...49&postcount=2

The only mistake I made while my phone was in "S/W Upgrade" mode : I did not put a battery in my phone and while the official LG tool access to the phone, sometimes, it "stops" the USB alimentation (which cause a phone without battery leaves the "S/W Upgrade" mode).

Now my phone is back but after spending 6 hours doing all kind of possible tests for a stupid mistake, I just want to hang myself...
Someone have a rope ?
17th February 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 601

578 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationNT

Hello everyone,

I have a P760 with V20I firmware, unlocked bootloader with CWM. I made a mistake : I tried the update through official firmware feature. It restarted my device and instead of doing the update, it went to CWM recovery menu.
Now, I am trapped on an infinite loop with this recovery menu : when I exist CWM recovery, it restarts CWM instead of the phone firmware.
I tried to restore a backup but it still restart me in CWM .

Do you have any idea how I can restore my phone ?

Thank you very much for your help.

EDIT : I tried to fastboot my device and restore CWM, I am still locked in the recovery start loop. I also tried, with fastboot to set TWM as a recovery, I still have the same issue : my device automatically reboots in TWM.

Download official lg tool and connect the phone in sw mode and update it
Happened with me too
I restored by this method

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th February 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

84 posts
Thank you, just as I said in the next post, my mistake was only to not put back a battery inside my phone while it was in "S/W Upgrade" mode (because, to access this mode, I remove the battery, plug the USB cable and press Vol+).
18th February 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #5  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Where can LGTool be downloaded?
19th February 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

84 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2085344

Download KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip, extract it then start B2CAppSetup.exe : if you haven't lock LG site access, it should download the last version of LG mobile tools.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread