Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Xperia Home Launcher 7x7

Tip us?

Confus3d
Old
(Last edited by Confus3d; 12th April 2014 at 12:33 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Prompt [MOD] Xperia Home Launcher 7x7

Hi!!!

This web has made a lot for me, so i'm going to share my mod with all of you!
For me the main reason to Root mi XZU was the hability of the Xposed framework, but after see all the mods and launchers in the PlayStore (The best nova, but it doesn't alow to rearange the icons in drawer, only ABC order), there was only one conclusion, if you want something, do it yourself!

So this is my first MOD to the Xperia Z Ultra, A moded launcher with a 7x7 array in the desktop and 6x7 in the drawer. ONLY FOR KITKAT (i think, i'm trying to port it to 4.3 but i dont have the originals APK)

I only use the phone in portrait and orientation locked but i made this for everybody!!!

Screenshots:

Desktop:

Drawer:

One more thing!:

Features:
-7x7 Desktop
-7x6 Drawer
-11 points font (vs 14 original font)
-Smaller side bar to fit completely in landscape mode (See Screnshots)
-Originaly signed by Sony APK
How to install:
Install another launcher to have at least one working launcher if that method fails (The system don't crash, simply you can't use the sony launcher if there is something wrong)
Open that launcher (click in use one only, not always)
Open the recent apps and KILL Sony Launcher.
With "Root Explorer" or another root app go to /SYSTEM/APP, rename original Home.apk to something like HomeBackup.apk and put here the moded Home.apk
Don't delete the .odex file
Requisites:
-Stock Sony ROM (of course, is the Sony launcher)
-Rooted Phone
-Explorer Root App
Working on:
-Remove page markers on desktop (because i only use one page)
-Change Widget selector to use 3 rows instead of 2
-Change wallpaper selector in the same way
-Create 2 diferens layouts with only one launcher (giving the user the posibility to select 6x6 and 7x7 in the desktop)
-Create alternative version with 8 apps at the bottom of the desktop
Download:
Dropbox - Home.apk
MEGA - Home.apk

Thanks!!!

I accept sugestions and petitions!!!

PD: If you can se the images use this links:
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Confus3d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Unreal988
Old
Thanks Meter 4
hi!

i've a problem...

i overwrite "home apk" in system/app but sony launcher now isn't not available...

i made a backup of apk but problem there is anyway

blueether
Old
(Last edited by blueether; 11th April 2014 at 09:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 966

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the good work, in the wrong section though, You should contact a mod and get it moved to the "Themes and Apps" section

Think about putting it on another mirror as well you may get too many DLs for DropBox and the screenshot pics are broken EDIT, I guess that is why you have the links below
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

Confus3d
Old
(Last edited by Confus3d; 11th April 2014 at 10:45 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal988 View Post
hi!

i've a problem...

i overwrite "home apk" in system/app but sony launcher now isn't not available...

i made a backup of apk but problem there is anyway
Hmmm, that is strange, i've tried it a lot of times and put it in the phone like 20 times to see the changes and any problem.

What version of Android? 4.4? Follow this steps: Install nova launcher (to ensure one correct launcher), Open it and close (from the recent apps list) the sony launcher and try to remplace the sony apk.

EDIT: I've modified the post with new steps and with the working images. Follow the new steps and try, if it doesn't work send me your original Home.apk and i'll mode it for you.

EDIT 2: Ok, i've been reading and the Home.apk in JB and in KK are completely different so i supose you have 4.3. Send me your APK and i'll put it in the thread to users with JB.

You should get something like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmzj1qp235...1-23-13-00.png
I have a HomeOrig.apk (the backup) and the Home.apk (the modified file) and the Home.odex file.

HELP!!! Some "REAL" developer!! (and not me) It's posible that you need to use your own sign, in that case i can make a tutorial, it's very easy!

Quote:
Thanks for the good work, in the wrong section though, You should contact a mod and get it moved to the "Themes and Apps" section

Think about putting it on another mirror as well you may get too many DLs for DropBox and the screenshot pics are broken EDIT, I guess that is why you have the links below
I put the images like images, but they don't appear, i think is because i'm a new user So i put it "again" like links.

Images fixed!! Problem with dropbox xD
The Following User Says Thank You to Confus3d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Unreal988
Old
Thanks Meter 4
hi !!!

i have tried another (with new steps) and all it's ok.... (stay on kk)

great job friends!!!!!! thank you very much!!!!

ghemanth
Old
Thanks Meter 147
can u modify the drawer into 5x5 and release it for xperia v users ?
קאєгเค
4.3 JΣᄂᄂY BΣΛП
l๏ςкє๔ ๒๏๏tl๏ค๔єг
Lovins X 乙2 г๏๓

dungbiu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghemanth View Post
Not work for me , Monx Rom 757 :"(. so sad T____T

Confus3d
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungbiu View Post
Not work for me , Monx Rom 757 :"(. so sad T____T
Only works with stock Home.apk, in fact you need to use this home.apk instead the original, not if you use a rom with another launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghemanth View Post
I can do it, of course, send me your Home.apk and give me details about the screen (Size, resolution) but i don't have the phone so i need your help to test it!

In fact i think the Sony Home apk it's the same for all the devices, so i only need your REAL resolution (In the Z Ultra the REAL resolution is sw540dp) But send me your apk to check it!

ghemanth
Old
(Last edited by ghemanth; 24th May 2014 at 03:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confus3d View Post
Only works with stock Home.apk, in fact you need to use this home.apk instead the original, not if you use a rom with another launcher

I can do it, of course, send me your Home.apk and give me details about the screen (Size, resolution) but i don't have the phone so i need your help to test it!

In fact i think the Sony Home apk it's the same for all the devices, so i only need your REAL resolution (In the Z Ultra the REAL resolution is sw540dp) But send me your apk to check it!
1280x720
here is my Home
קאєгเค
4.3 JΣᄂᄂY BΣΛП
l๏ςкє๔ ๒๏๏tl๏ค๔єг
Lovins X 乙2 г๏๓

Thepho3nix
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Does it work on deodexed roms? I'm on kk 4.4.2 by Sony, I'm Xperia z user bro

Enviado desde mi C6603 mediante Tapatalk