Ask a question

No registration required

Recovery advise wanted

OP drag&fly

19th February 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74

140 posts
For the last few days I have been googling/reading/ following threads and reading old posts. I'm having trouble deciding which version of TWRP is the most stable for N900T and allows full back up/restore with the least likely hood of bootloop. Maybe I missed something but I've tried to do my homework before asking. TIA...
19th February 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 300

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag&fly

For the last few days I have been googling/reading/ following threads and reading old posts. I'm having trouble deciding which version of TWRP is the most stable for N900T and allows full back up/restore with the least likely hood of bootloop. Maybe I missed something but I've tried to do my homework before asking. TIA...

The latest version works just fine. Use that.
The Following User Says Thank You to cun7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 1,388

4,014 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag&fly

Use Philz cwm. No one has had an issue. Twrp is not worth the headaches you will get.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
19th February 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #4  

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON

Use Philz cwm. No one has had an issue. Twrp is not worth the headaches you will get.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

I've had less issues with TWRP than CWM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cun7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #5  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY

4,014 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cun7

I've had less issues with TWRP than CWM..

Correct less but with Philz I have not seen anyone have any issue and it is fully customized

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
19th February 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #6  

99 posts
Quote:

Correct less but with Philz I have not seen anyone have any issue and it is fully customized

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

I've had plenty of issues with that recovery, Reverting itself to previous versions, not saving my settings, double touches when selecting things. The UI is boring and archaic IMO. TWRP is fully customizable and since the GUI is 100% .xml I can modify it entirely simply by dropping a file on my sd card....

I use what I use, to each his own. But I wouldn't make such bogus claims about somebody else's work simply because you have a bias for whatever reason I don't know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cun7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #7  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY

4,014 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cun7

I've had plenty of issues with that recovery, Reverting itself to previous versions, not saving my settings, double touches when selecting things. The UI is boring and archaic IMO. TWRP is fully customizable and since the GUI is 100% .xml I can modify it entirely simply by dropping a file on my sd card....

I use what I use, to each his own. But I wouldn't make such bogus claims about somebody else's work simply because you have a bias for whatever reason I don't know.

Have you read the threads.

For the op. Check around to all 3 recovery forums and you decide for your self

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
Last edited by BACARDILIMON; 19th February 2014 at 03:51 PM.
19th February 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Themer
Flag NOLA
Thanks Meter: 8,653

4,814 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Have you read the threads. Majority are having issues with twrp cause it is junk. The devs don't help much even when log cats are sent. But you do you and I do me

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

We all have our favorite recovery, then we have the one that works... Sometimes they are the same and sometimes they are not... But calling someones hard work Junk, when Its clearly not, is not following the spirit of XDA... Your making this way too personal...
The Following User Says Thank You to cerj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #9  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY

4,014 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerj

We all have our favorite recovery, then we have the one that works... Sometimes they are the same and sometimes they are not... But calling someones hard work Junk, when Its clearly not, is not following the spirit of XDA... Your making this way too personal...

You are right. It was personal because I know we all take risk when messing with our devices. I lost all my info. I was/am mad. Like I said to the op do your homework.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote:

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
19th February 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 264

232 posts
Quote:

Have you read the threads.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

Apparently you haven't read the twrp thread too. The developer for note 3 is very helpful, responding and fixing bugs right away. 100% agree with @cun7. Philz CWM is so overwhelmed with all kinds of UI and touch driver settings that you can easily waste a day just to make it feel right. I personally find it too touch sensitive.
And something you probably don't know which I consider very important... it uses secure adbd binary which means no adb root r/w access for /system. Recovery is for doing " low level" stuff on the system you usually can't do when android is running and most of the time you need adb for that. I understand the secure-adbd concept in android but in recovery...? Really...?
Last edited by nijel8; 19th February 2014 at 04:13 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to nijel8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread