Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 43,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Some More Note 3 Questions

Tip us?

BlazingGlory53
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Default Some More Note 3 Questions

So, I took the plunge and rooted. I'm currently running Jedi Elite, and enjoying it so far. However, I have questions that I'd like to ask to try to get full advantage of the phone:

A. I'm not the biggest fan of the lock screen on the phone. I personally like the AOSP style lock screen, and in some SGS3 ROMs, they had lockscreen switchers built in. There anything like that (maybe an xposed module) that could change that?

B. Are there any flashable zips that can get rid of the splish splash haptic sounds? I'm honestly not a fan

C. Any recommendations for alternate text app? I'm not the biggest fan of TW's stock messaging app.

D. Since I rooted, it has the "Kernel is not Seandroid Enforcing" thing on the splash screen while booting, any way to replace that?

That's all I can think of for now. N3 is an awesome phone, and I look to enjoy it for a while Thanks for your help!

cun7
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingGlory53 View Post
So, I took the plunge and rooted. I'm currently running Jedi Elite, and enjoying it so far. However, I have questions that I'd like to ask to try to get full advantage of the phone:

A. I'm not the biggest fan of the lock screen on the phone. I personally like the AOSP style lock screen, and in some SGS3 ROMs, they had lockscreen switchers built in. There anything like that (maybe an xposed module) that could change that?

B. Are there any flashable zips that can get rid of the splish splash haptic sounds? I'm honestly not a fan

C. Any recommendations for alternate text app? I'm not the biggest fan of TW's stock messaging app.

D. Since I rooted, it has the "Kernel is not Seandroid Enforcing" thing on the splash screen while booting, any way to replace that?

That's all I can think of for now. N3 is an awesome phone, and I look to enjoy it for a while Thanks for your help!
A. You have a few options... try using a lockscreen app from the playstore, or if jedi does not allow this customization, try another ROM. Tweaked ROM has tons of lockscreen options. Give that a shot.

B. Haptic sounds, you will need a modified sysui for that one... off the top of my head, can't think of a ROM that has that aspect modified... but just look around, ask questions in threads after reading the OP. I'm sure there is something out there.

C. "8sms" is the best text messaging app on the play store IMO. I've used them all, and that one gets my personal stamp of approval. Of course, it is an opinion, but give it a shot, and I'm sure you will be pleased.

D. The seandroid enforcing message comes with the rooting territory and running a kernel that is SELinux permissive. This is required to modify certain kernel sys parameters... SELiux is basicallly a system-wide policy that to you means access to certain directories, modifying /sysfs tunables, stuff like that... without going into the guys of it... I did a quick google search for you and found a good page of info on what SELinux is... if you are interested to learn more about it, click here: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/SELinux...rsus_enforcing

Good luck. And give Tweaked ROM a go. Dwitherell is a stand up kind of dev, no bs, no buzz words, all business. One of the most knowledgeable developers I have seen on XDA when it comes to customization of Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to cun7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]