The first question on mind is always WHAT"S FRICKKING NEW ?????
Here is a firsthand experience of the tiniest things in the update - Unofficial changelog
Also i won't be discussing any performance/lag issues - TO EACH HIS OWN!
Ill start with some & maybe you can keep contributing too....Ill keep adding in this list
1. [UPDATE] INTERFACE CHANGE: This is a big improvement from the previous firmware. Apps open and close with a certain "still effect" Font has changed too.
2. [UPDATE] KEYBOARD
3. [NEW] Option to change Themes.
4. [NEW] DAYDREAM : Now, you are given an option to have a slideshow of your saved pics (Camera/Set Favourites) while your Xperia is charging / docked or both. This option is available under Display Settings.
5. [UPDATE] "NoMoreFreeze" : Probably the biggest & much needed update. No more does Xperia SP freeze when kept flat on a surface. Touch responds flawlessly on a flat surface. No More impatience.
6. [UPDATE] LOCKSCREEN : Now, you can set even live wallpapers as wallpaper on lock screen. AMAZINGG!
7.[NEW] TRACK MYXPERIA : No more searching for free apps that track your phone in case you lose it. In this new update, Sony has provided you the option in the Xperia itself. Go to Settings > Xperia > My Xperia & easily setup the service.
8.[NEW] MAGNIFICATION GESTURE : Go to Settings > Accessibility > Magnification gesture : Now you can magnify any part of your screen ; zoom in /zoom out after activating this feature
9. [UPDATE] : Camera got updated and replaced with SMART SOCIAL CAMERA. Some of you earlier issues with Camera Has been Fixed
10. [UPDATE] : Sony Media Apps got updated too - namely WALKMAN, ALBUM & MOVIES
Ill keep adding more.....Many more to come