Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How are you satisfied with the update 4.3 ??
Interface Rocks 7 35.00%
Performance Rocks 11 55.00%
New Features Rocks 9 45.00%
Thumbs Down to update 8 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Official Android 4.3 Update !!! Changelog {Unofficial}

Tip us?

Aman Aggarwal
Old
(Last edited by Aman Aggarwal; 1st March 2014 at 06:43 AM.) Reason: Updated information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Official Android 4.3 Update !!! Changelog {Unofficial}

Hi guys, XPERIA SP(lendid) finally received 4.3 JB update

The first question on mind is always WHAT"S FRICKKING NEW ?????

Here is a firsthand experience of the tiniest things in the update - Unofficial changelog

Also i won't be discussing any performance/lag issues - TO EACH HIS OWN!

Ill start with some & maybe you can keep contributing too....Ill keep adding in this list

1. [UPDATE] INTERFACE CHANGE: This is a big improvement from the previous firmware. Apps open and close with a certain "still effect" Font has changed too.

2. [UPDATE] KEYBOARD

3. [NEW] Option to change Themes.

4. [NEW] DAYDREAM : Now, you are given an option to have a slideshow of your saved pics (Camera/Set Favourites) while your Xperia is charging / docked or both. This option is available under Display Settings.

5. [UPDATE] "NoMoreFreeze" : Probably the biggest & much needed update. No more does Xperia SP freeze when kept flat on a surface. Touch responds flawlessly on a flat surface. No More impatience.

6. [UPDATE] LOCKSCREEN : Now, you can set even live wallpapers as wallpaper on lock screen. AMAZINGG!

7.[NEW] TRACK MYXPERIA : No more searching for free apps that track your phone in case you lose it. In this new update, Sony has provided you the option in the Xperia itself. Go to Settings > Xperia > My Xperia & easily setup the service.

8.[NEW] MAGNIFICATION GESTURE : Go to Settings > Accessibility > Magnification gesture : Now you can magnify any part of your screen ; zoom in /zoom out after activating this feature

9. [UPDATE] : Camera got updated and replaced with SMART SOCIAL CAMERA. Some of you earlier issues with Camera Has been Fixed

10. [UPDATE] : Sony Media Apps got updated too - namely WALKMAN, ALBUM & MOVIES
Ill keep adding more.....Many more to come
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aman Aggarwal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

desmond462
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I just received my Xperia sp a couple days ago which is awesome,but am to yet to update to the latest firmware.But reading your post has gotten me curious has to see what is so special with it,a just might flash it now.Already rooted and install recovery and test a stock based rom,i know that to test other custom Roms i must unlock bootloader which am so ready to do,already got my special key to unlock it,but i think i will try the updated 4.3 first before unlocking.

themacboy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is bluetooth smart ready active in thisbl version?

Enviat des del meu C5303 usant Tapatalk

Aman Aggarwal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmond462 View Post
I just received my Xperia sp a couple days ago which is awesome,but am to yet to update to the latest firmware.But reading your post has gotten me curious has to see what is so special with it,a just might flash it now.Already rooted and install recovery and test a stock based rom,i know that to test other custom Roms i must unlock bootloader which am so ready to do,already got my special key to unlock it,but i think i will try the updated 4.3 first before unlocking.

Sure buddy....give it a try :thumbup:

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Aman Aggarwal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by themacboy View Post
Is bluetooth smart ready active in thisbl version?

Enviat des del meu C5303 usant Tapatalk
I am not privy to any changes in bluetooth. What is fundamentally new in BLUETOOTH SMART READY??

Aman Aggarwal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Screenshot I

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1393488093199.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	2603258  

Aman Aggarwal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Screenshot II

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1393488413594.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	2603266  

Aman Aggarwal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Screenshot III

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1393488536427.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	2603269  

aspot72
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Nice to have 4.3, but my SP is laggy and screen often unresponsive...
Using generic ROM (CE version). The UI is nice and also the other refreshments, but the lag and screen issue just killing the good impression...
ATTENTION: Thanks to Htc_One_X I lost 150. Received money but since then never replied! Beware, he's a FRAUDSTER!!!
Current Devices : S4 GT-I9505 Black Edition
Past devices :Xperia SP C5303,Moto G,S3 GT-I9305,GT-I9195, N7100,HTC One (M7),GALAXY S III, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.

Can't figure out why is Android better ?
The Following User Says Thank You to aspot72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wapem
Old
Thanks Meter 2
it was nice to see the new interface ,but that keyboard simply stinks ! i don't know why but i type 10 times faster on the original vanilla keyboard from the rom mods , and the gaming performance on the stock one ? lame lame , stuttttters all the way