Ask a question

No registration required

[Bug Report]Camera crashes

OP Pavononer23

13th February 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
When I change to videocamera option, the app closes and after that every time I try to open it, it gets crashed all the time. After rebooting it works, but after changing to videocamera again this happens another time. This happens after release from 12th February.
I'm using a Xperia Z running 4.4.2.
Continue all the work you are doing, it's fantastic!
14th February 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,855

13,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavononer23

When I change to videocamera option, the app closes and after that every time I try to open it, it gets crashed all the time. After rebooting it works, but after changing to videocamera again this happens another time. This happens after release from 12th February.
I'm using a Xperia Z running 4.4.2.
Continue all the work you are doing, it's fantastic!

Known issue being worked on

As a temporary workaround, third party camera apps seem to work fine.
15th February 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Known issue being worked on

As a temporary workaround, third party camera apps seem to work fine.

Thank you very much
19th February 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
camera zoom not working
Hello, everyone
Im new to xda..just registered today...could anyone tell me how to fix video camera zoom problem on my n7000 running omni 4.2.2....the zoom does not work on video camera and is problematic on the still camera as well....i also tried a clean install but doesnt seem to work..is it a common problem for all n7000 users or its just with me??
Please help me out with your useful replies
Running latest official omni 4.2.2 nightly
Also, please let me know if installing a photosphere camera would solve the problem? Will i be able to install ota update after that or the new camera will create a problem during updates??
22nd February 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #5  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 526

666 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank238

Hello, everyone
Im new to xda..just registered today...could anyone tell me how to fix video camera zoom problem on my n7000 running omni 4.2.2....the zoom does not work on video camera and is problematic on the still camera as well....i also tried a clean install but doesnt seem to work..is it a common problem for all n7000 users or its just with me??
Please help me out with your useful replies
Running latest official omni 4.2.2 nightly
Also, please let me know if installing a photosphere camera would solve the problem? Will i be able to install ota update after that or the new camera will create a problem during updates??

You posted this in the wrong thread but I'll answer here anyway:

If you want to zoom in (or out) on something whilst you are recording then you can only do it in 720p or lower, it is not supported on 1080p. I believe that the same happens on stock TouchWiz. If you want to keep the photosphere camera then you could just rename the apk file that is responsible for it (it should be in /system/app).

Also, it's 4.4.2 and not 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to XxPixX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxPixX

If you want to zoom in (or out) on something whilst you are recording then you can only do it in 720p or lower, it is not supported on 1080p. I believe that the same happens on stock TouchWiz. If you want to keep the photosphere camera then you could just rename the apk file that is responsible for it (it should be in /system/app).

Just renaming the camera apk would bring the photosphere function?? If so what should i rename it as?? Could you please elaborate?
22nd February 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #7  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,855

13,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxPixX

That's correct. You can't zoom in 1080p, even on stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank238

Just renaming the camera apk would bring the photosphere function?? If so what should i rename it as?? Could you please elaborate?

No, you can't have a working camera with photosphere on n7000. If you install the Google camera APK from certain gapps packages, you will have photosphere but will be missing many resolutions and the camera will barely work since it's specifically designed for Nexus devices and is missing all sorts of hacks needed for Samsungs. Also, this is getting offtopic for this thread which was discussing Xperia Z issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread