Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 46,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help with N7100 (stuck in screen Firmware upgrade encoutered an issue etc.)

Tip us?

His.Dudeness
Old
(Last edited by His.Dudeness; 5th February 2014 at 02:19 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Need help with N7100 (stuck in screen Firmware upgrade encoutered an issue etc.)

Hi Guys,

I need help with my N7100. I already read a lot about this problem on the internet and tried a lot of different things, but here's the problem.

My phone was every time removing my external sd card, so I thought I'll reinstall it and put a new rom on it. I installed Omega Rom, but had the known Wifi connection problem, so I flashed the wifi fix with Odin, but accidentally used the bootloader instead of pda option in Odin (because I misunderstood the instruction on the Omega first page). Eventually my phone sometimes froze and decided to try another Rom, Dr. Ketans Rom. The same problem existed, so I tried to flash the 'original' bootloader (one I found on this website). The problem was still there, so I tried it again and Odin said failed all the time after that and I couldn't start up my phone anymore, because it goes to the screen: 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.' I can now only go to download mode. After that I wanted to use Odin to flash the stock rom, but it gave an error with the pit file, so I found a pit file on this site and flashed it with Odin and than I could start up my phone again. I still wanted to go back to the stock rom, so I used Odin for this the latest version N7100XXUEMK9_N7100PHNEMK2_N7100XXUEMJ9_HOME.tar. I bought the phone in the NL, so I'm guessing this must be the right version, but it could be an international one (product code). During the flashing process it failed and since than I have the same problem again that I can't boot up my phone. I tried it maybe 50 times now and every time it keeps failing (in download mode). I tried 3 different cables, all usb ports, computers, odin versions. The weird thing is that the flashing of system.img sometimes fails in the beginning and some times when it is almost finished, that's why I thought I might just need 1 lucky strike, but after about 50 times I want to try something else...

<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7100XXUEMK9_N7100PHNEMK2_N7100XXUEMJ9_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> cache.img
<ID:0/003> hidden.img
<ID:0/003> modem.bin
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> system.img
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Can anyone help me with this matter? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	2559705  

ibraahim
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Flash a custom recovery, boot in recovery and flash a custom rom, I would suggest you DN3.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

His.Dudeness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibraahim View Post
Flash a custom recovery, boot in recovery and flash a custom rom, I would suggest you DN3.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply. I spoke to someone today who suggested the same thing, so I will try this tomorrow.

His.Dudeness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, at least I got philz recovery installed and pushed (adb) the rom file on the internal storage and installed the rom. Ditto Note 3 this time.

Still the same problem exists, it freezes quite often. I was thinking it must have to do with flashing that wifi fix accidentally as a bootloader in Odin. Does anyone have a suggestion how to solve it? It also looks like it's using a lot more RAM than before, maybe because of that or something else? Might be the reason for freezing up all the time?

His.Dudeness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I changed back to Android 4.1.2 and the problem seems to be solved :s. Looks like my N7100 can't handle Android 4.3???

nitol
Old
Thanks Meter 3035
(I am using phoenix and dn3)I have faced this error 10-12 times while flashed different mods/roms, I just hold the power button and rebooted. This can be just ignored like this and nothing to worry about.
Regards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
NiToL mArUf
Using GT P-1000
HTC HD with GB 2.37
Galaxy Note2
Galaxy Tab 3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

His.Dudeness
Old
(Last edited by His.Dudeness; 15th February 2014 at 04:25 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitol View Post
(I am using phoenix and dn3)I have faced this error 10-12 times while flashed different mods/roms, I just hold the power button and rebooted. This can be just ignored like this and nothing to worry about.
Regards.

Thanks for your reply, but I think you mean that it freezes during the install if I'm correct? But what I mean is that everything I do with my phone, no matter what, it freezes, even after reboot all the time. I can try now that it is back to normal to put a new rom on it. Do you reckon that Phoenix is better than DN3 since you are using both?

geekynoob
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2171

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by His.Dudeness View Post
Thanks for your reply, but I think you mean that it freezes during the install if I'm correct? But what I mean is that everything I do with my phone, no matter what, it freezes, even after reboot all the time. I can try now that it is back to normal to put a new rom on it. Do you reckon that Phoenix is better than DN3 since you are using both?
Try a light debloated rom with stock kernel.. Let it run fr a few days... And thn gt back to the normal course

Give a Chance to a New Developer..!! Xda is just not about Fanboyism..
It's about encouraging a person who is investing his/her time and resources for you.. For FREE..!!

silentvisitor
Old
Thanks Meter 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitol View Post
Regards.

Hi,
Even I am facing this issue since I flashed MJ5 bootloader and NA1 based ROMs. Any idea how dangerous it can be ? Why it occurs ?

His.Dudeness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentvisitor View Post
Hi,
Even I am facing this issue since I flashed MJ5 bootloader and NA1 based ROMs. Any idea how dangerous it can be ? Why it occurs ?
Alright so I might have traced down the problem, only time will tell now, just installed DN3 again, but before that I flashed MJ5 again, but this time not as a Bootloader (as what I thought and did before) but as a PDA (like a rom file) in Odin. Maybe you did the same??

Till now DN3 is working, but just installed it so see how it goes.