Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can i use custom kernel with touchwiz v 8.0?

Tip us?
 
hrsabbir
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: comilla
Default Can i use custom kernel with touchwiz v 8.0?

Hey dear senior members, I am using Touchwiz v 8.0 rom. Its a good rom. But i am facing low ram problem in this rom. So i want to use rams swap. But in this rom no kernel is included and my stock kernel does not support swap. So can i use any custom kernel with this rom? If i can use then which kernel can i use? Please help me.
 
Angryace
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 154
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Skopje
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsabbir View Post
Hey dear senior members, I am using Touchwiz v 8.0 rom. Its a good rom. But i am facing low ram problem in this rom. So i want to use rams swap. But in this rom no kernel is included and my stock kernel does not support swap. So can i use any custom kernel with this rom? If i can use then which kernel can i use? Please help me.
yes you can use, you can try thunder kernel, just read carefull the instructions for flashing

P.S. there is touchwiz v9.0 rom i guess :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Angryace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hrsabbir
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: comilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryace View Post
yes you can use, you can try thunder kernel, just read carefull the instructions for flashing

P.S. there is touchwiz v9.0 rom i guess :P
I knw there is v9.0 rom. But it also doesnt include a kernel. Can u give me direct link of thunder kernel?
 
Angryace
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 154
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Skopje
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsabbir View Post
I knw there is v9.0 rom. But it also doesnt include a kernel. Can u give me direct link of thunder kernel?
here http://lmgtfy.com/?q=s5830i+thunder+kernel+xda
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes