[Q] Verizon network tethering afer root with Firewater

OP dziabac

19th February 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Does anyone knows if tethering works on Verizon HTC one after root with Firewater ? I want to make sure before I start messing around with my phone
20th February 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 582

1,808 posts
You need to flash a Rom that allows the native tethering to work. Viper one , santods Roms and ecliptic (sp?) are just some of the more popular sense Roms. Really reading any Rom op will tell you if native tethering works or not. I am running viper one but know with 5.0 some people are having tethering issues bit a fix is on its way. 4.3 works flawlessly

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
20th February 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 17

69 posts
More
You can also tether on stock. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576548

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app
20th February 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenakis

You can also tether on stock. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576548

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

I'm on stock now and my tether works fine but my phone recently downloaded Android update that I didn't installed yet because I read that Firefox won't work with it. Now I wanted to root my phone long time ago to get rid off those
"Garbage" Verizon apps but I don't want to mess around with it till I know my tether will work. Thanks for the Info guys.
20th February 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #5  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 923

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tether works fine on the newest ota with the stock hot spot app, as long as your rooted and can make a small file edit. Firefox also works just fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread