Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 41,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon HTC M7 bootloader unlock on 4.4.2?

Tip us?

nikalsaki
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Verizon HTC M7 bootloader unlock on 4.4.2?

Just got my Verizon HTC One (M7) on Saturday. It came with 4.2. Upgraded to 4.3 OTA. And then to 4.4.2 OTA. As far as I have found, there is no way to unlock the bootloader on the Verizon HTC One with KitKat.

1. Is there any way at all to unlock the bootloader on it?
2. If there isn't, is there any way at all I can downgrade to 4.3 without rooting?

I'm only with Verizon because of their service. Almost everything else about them I hate.

Darkmx2000
Old
Thanks Meter 76
At this point there is no way to unlock the boot loader its being worked on now hopefully it won't take long. I have been rooted and S-Off since 4.2.2. They have been working on it since the update launched and he usually pretty good with getting it out to the community it just takes some time especially with Verizon forcing HTC not to support the M7VZW on the HTCDev site 😢

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
HTC One S-Off Rooted BABY!
ROM: GPE Stock 4.4.3 by Santod040
Kernel: Stock

nikalsaki
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmx2000 View Post
At this point there is no way to unlock the boot loader its being worked on now hopefully it won't take long. I have been rooted and S-Off since 4.2.2. They have been working on it since the update launched and he usually pretty good with getting it out to the community it just takes some time especially with Verizon forcing HTC not to support the M7VZW on the HTCDev site 😢

Based on how long it took for 4.2.2 and 4.3, how long do you think until it'll be out for 4.4.2?

Darkmx2000
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Well seeing that I got my HTC One on 1/03/14 and it was on 4.2 and a lot of people update to 4.3 not realizing that the unlock would not work with the OTA, they released Firewater about 2 weeks ago to unlock the 4.3 OTA and then Kit Kat showed up real quick right after that so I would say the turn around was anywhere from 3 weeks to a month so hopefully it shouldn't take that long for the 4.4 fix to come out.

HTC One S-Off Rooted BABY!
ROM: GPE Stock 4.4.3 by Santod040
Kernel: Stock

billgrove
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default I'm an idiot

Same thing here. Just took the OTA to 4.4.2 without thinking. Had never rooted the HTC One (Verizon) because FoxFi always worked to tether without root. Once 4.4.2 killed that, I went to try and root and s-off and realized what I had done. *facepalm* Just my stupidity! I appreciate all the work the developers do getting these things out. Just amazing what they can do!

Bill