Ask a question

No registration required

Camera not working in landscape orientation

OP sharonbw

17th February 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 136

683 posts
I asked this q in the at&t forum but I didn't get any responses and I doubt it has anything do with at&t so I'll ask again here:

The issue is that sometimes turning the phone to landscape orientation causes the viewscreen to black out. Switch back to portrait and it comes back. I can take a picture, I just can't see what I'm taking a picture of.

I have the CM11 camera, CameraZoom, and ProCapture. I think this issue is happening in all of them but I'll have to experiment more if someone thinks it is an app issue. This is frustrating because it is not consistently reproducible - it happens when I'm out somewhere trying to catch a picture! I haven't been able to reproduce it in my kitchen.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Sent from my GT-p511x
17th February 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag California (SoCal)
Thanks Meter: 19

301 posts
More
Does it only happen on the current rom that you're on, or does it happen on others aswell?

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th February 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

683 posts
The only two I've used are CM11 and Mokee and I'm pretty sure it's been on both. As I said, I haven't been able to reproduce it. It's only happened when I've been trying to capture a photo and I think only outside. However, it's not just bright outdoor light (my original thought but not reproducible). I'm clueless and was just hoping someone had an idea.

Sent from my GT-p511x
18th February 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #4  
Flag California (SoCal)
Thanks Meter: 19

301 posts
More
Honestly, I'd probably blame it on AOSP roms (assuming mokee is AOSP too). My roommate has had tons of issues with AOSP roms on his one, while I haven't really suffered very many on mine, but I've stuck to all sense based roms since owning this phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to xLoveHateLegend For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

683 posts
I'll try a sense based ROM for a while and see what happens.

Sent from my GT-p511x
19th February 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

683 posts
Boy, not liking sense based ROM. Had to go back to CM11. Wondering now about various camera apps. Anyone have really good experience to recommend and app? What about Google photosphere?

Sent from my GT-p511x
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread