Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TCL P600 / Alcatel One Touch Snap 7025D Root and GAPPS

Tip us?

weimerd
Old
(Last edited by weimerd; 25th May 2013 at 05:30 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Post TCL P600 / Alcatel One Touch Snap 7025D Root and GAPPS

Root and GAPPS instruction for TCL P600

Since TCL P600, TCL P606 and Alcatel One Touch Snap 7025D are the same phones I just write about TCL P600 now. But it's working for both.

TCL P600 root package: http://www.4shared.com/zip/3HRtqraE/TCL_P600_Root.html

HowTo Root TCL P600:

- Extract the file
- Start the flash tool in extracted folder
- Make sure under options it is choosen “with battery”
- In FlashTool load scatter file contained in folder
- Click checkboxes of BOOTIMG and RECOVERY
- Doubleclick on BOOTIMG and refer to TCL-P600_130417__boot_patched_130508-162244.img
- Doubleclick on RECOVERY and refer to TCL-P600_130417__recovery_130508-162244.img
- Switch off mobile and unplug it from usb
- Click “download” in flash tool
- Plug in usb in phone
- If you get a green circle from flash tool saying OK you’re ready with root shell
- Unplug phone and reboot into CWM
- Start Droidtools and plugin usb to phone again
- Install superuser of your choice into phone.
- Ready – you have full root to phone.

If you experience any problems please check if you used the right drivers. Please check drivers attached in folders. Only use them.

Here is the JB gapps zip for flashing with CWM: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Full instruction of getting a well working TCL P600:

1. First of all I updated the phone with TCL updater to the latest firmware.
2. I rooted it as I described before.
3. I deleted lots of China Apps and also under system/media bootup sounds and some - for me - other stuff not needed in order to get more space on system partition.
4. I installed GAPPS through CWM. I did it with this one: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

After rebooting I got crash of google search. I ignored it and added my google account. After opening playstore then I got update for google search. After updating there is no crashing anymore.

All other gapps are working quite well. I tested GPS for the TCL P600 and was really suprised it works quite fast and accurate.
The only thing: There is no A-GPS setting. Let's say: There is no GPS setting at all. You can only switch GPS on and off. Settings are not included. Maybe this will be unlocked with a modded rom.

I'm now testing all functions in detail but up to now it works really great.

Hope you got it also up to this point. After all steps this phone is really perfect.

------------------
If you brick your phone you have a brick Not my fault. I don't take responsibility of that my instruction will work for you. It worked for me. So now it's up to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to weimerd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr.Mahmoud.Pro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried what you say but no thing happened .
I have alcatel one touch snap

Pavankumar1889
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Where can i buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mahmoud.Pro View Post
I tried what you say but no thing happened .
I have alcatel one touch snap
Hi Mahmoud,

I want to know where you bought the mobile.. i was searching a lot over the internet and local stores to buy "alcatel one touch snap 7025D" mobile but i couldn't find it anywhere in my area (Andhra pradesh, India.) can you please tell a place or online website where i can find the mobile?

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default internal memory

hey i'm want to know if the root is swap bet. internal & external memory
that for games over 3 Gega

angort14
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thumbs up Custom Recovery

Hey i want to know if this recovery can be ported to my phone the alcatel one touch fierce it is the same as th one touch snap/7025d just without the 8mp camera and splash water proofing everything else is the same i had tried the aoutomatic port for CRR recovery but when it flashed the recovery i got a security error on my alcatel that says "error 101 unaouthorized software installed "it would not boot upand was bricked i bought the same phone again and i am wondering how y'all ported it to the fierces sister phone the one touch snap .thanks and have a great day

weimerd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
I don't know about porting possibility. I guess there is no way. This thread is not about changing the ROM but just how to root the TCL. There is no custom ROM out actually. So I don't see chances to port. Why should this be necessary? Is the stock ROM having problems?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8000 mit Tapatalk

jobenja5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hello weimerd

my problem is that I have rooted the phone but when i delete Chinese applications to install gapps I deleted the app that handles the notification bar and other things, don't have notifications bar
the keyboard works, after loading another
google search don't work

Do I have to reload the firmware? Where do I can download the stock rom P606 TCL? to star again.
or
How I can recover this app? Can you pass me the app that has that control?
Can you say that apps I have to delete?

sorry by my english

angort14
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by weimerd View Post
I don't know about porting possibility. I guess there is no way. This thread is not about changing the ROM but just how to root the TCL. There is no custom ROM out actually. So I don't see chances to port. Why should this be necessary? Is the stock ROM having problems?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8000 mit Tapatalk

NO i just want to see if thos recovery could work in the case that ne2w rom development would occur and to create a backup for people who need it that is why i wanted to see if it could be ported

jobenja5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Solved the problems

Solved the problems.

I was able to upgrade wiht "TCL 2.7.4 Updater Setup.exe" the mobile software, I had the "TCL 2.7.9 Updater Setup.exe" version and this version told me it was updated. When I tested with 2.7.4 has recharged my sw and have gone back to the top, I rooted again with wiemerd instructions and now everything has worked correctly.

Thank you for your instructions and weimerd Sixpenny by spend "TCL S 2.7.4 Updater Setup.exe" saved me.

:goo d:

EdwardArm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all.

Is possible to port or create any custom rom for this device?

Thanks

Tags
7025d, alcatel, root, snap, tcl p600