Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't get a rom to boot

Tip us?

Dugall12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Can't get a rom to boot

Hey guys, I kinda at my wits ends.

I have a Note 2 and I was running Sophisticated rom 3.1 just fine. I wanted to try Beans new Alliance 23 Rom. So I booted into TWRP 2.6.3.1 and backed up Sophisticated 3.1 first, then wiped everything and flashed Beans 23. Phone would not get past the boot animation. I tried to use the restore I had just created and TWRP fails. Tried upgrading TWRP to 2.6.3.2, didn't work, now any rom I try to install or recover from I get errors in TWRP saying too many files open and a second one about data/data/com.contacts. I tried Philz CWM recovery, I even tried downgrading back to TWRP 2.6.3.0 and nothing. I can not get a rom to boot past the boot animation. Please help. I have unlimited data and I can't go use an upgrade.

michigan66
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugall12 View Post
Hey guys, I kinda at my wits ends.

I have a Note 2 and I was running Sophisticated rom 3.1 just fine. I wanted to try Beans new Alliance 23 Rom. So I booted into TWRP 2.6.3.1 and backed up Sophisticated 3.1 first, then wiped everything and flashed Beans 23. Phone would not get past the boot animation. I tried to use the restore I had just created and TWRP fails. Tried upgrading TWRP to 2.6.3.2, didn't work, now any rom I try to install or recover from I get errors in TWRP saying too many files open and a second one about data/data/com.contacts. I tried Philz CWM recovery, I even tried downgrading back to TWRP 2.6.3.0 and nothing. I can not get a rom to boot past the boot animation. Please help. I have unlimited data and I can't go use an upgrade.
I am using twrp 2.6.3.1. I would reflash the recovery. Then I would wipe everything except your external SD card. I have noticed that if I don't wipe my internal SD for awhile I will start having goofy stuff happen. That usually fixes any issues I have.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Dugall12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Yeah, I tried all that as well. Rehashed that version the new version and the older version then tried Phil's, tried wiping internal, external and still had errors. I had to bite the bullet and Odin back to stock 4.1.2 then jailbreak again and after a day lost I finally got it back up. I'm leaving TWRP 2.5 on it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app