Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A way to use the phone without a SIM card?

Tip us?

Domush
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Default A way to use the phone without a SIM card?

I'm looking to flash to straight talk using a donor phone, but I can't dial anything because I lack a SIM card. Is there a way to bypass the SIM check and just use cdma and 3g?

What is necessary to make this happen? If it's impossible without a SIM, do I just need a Verizon SIM card?

I really want to use this as my phone, but until I can get it to dial I'm dead in the water.

I have my fascinate on St right now, but have a brand new donor phone as well if I need it.

Anyone here who can help? I have the software, I just need to get over this hurdle as I've no idea where to find a previously activated SIM card.
--
Did I help you out? Click the THANKS button - It's free, instant, and encourages me to continue helping here.

Domush
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Note, I need to use Verizon towers because of my area, so I must be on cdma.
--
Did I help you out? Click the THANKS button - It's free, instant, and encourages me to continue helping here.

MunkinDrunky
Old
Thanks Meter 33
straight talk uses sim cards. And you do need that for this phone to act as a phone. I mean you should be able to get their sim edit your apns if needed and be ready to roll.
Current XDA level: Make searches all by myself; not great at original knowledge.

SCH-I605 (Verizon Note II)
Current Rom: SR Remix KitKat
Kernel: AGNi pureSTOCK v4.2.4
SM-P600 (Note 10.1 2014)
Current Rom: ★★xKat v3.0★★
Kernel:

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkinDrunky View Post
straight talk uses sim cards. And you do need that for this phone to act as a phone. I mean you should be able to get their sim edit your apns if needed and be ready to roll.
Straight talk sims are for ATT/Tmobile network access. However, they do offer a CDMA code to access that network:

http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/port...s#.UwSs90JdXtF
The Following User Says Thank You to jcollier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]