Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 47,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Car Holder Galaxy Mega 6.4

Tip us?

Tafty
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Car Holder Galaxy Mega 6.4

i cant find car holder for galaxy mega 6.3.

gx3k
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafty View Post
i cant find car holder for galaxy mega 6.3.
I prefer using this kind of holder as it fits lots of different phones and is very compact. I just use double sided tape to secure it to my car's dashboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to gx3k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

omniphil
Old
Thanks Meter 79
I'm using this one with good results. You have to slide the phone a tiny bit to the left to keep the buttons from getting pushed (I have it mounted in landscape), but it has been working great.

http://www.mountek.com/Mountek-nGroo.../dp/B004G1L52Q

eraser4475
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hello can u tell me what kind of size u bought? I cant find a galaxy mega on the ebay shop of touchnmed... or do u take a galaxy note sized stand?
Thx

gx3k
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Here's the car mount I use which is actually just a simple clip with double sided tape underneath. I like it because it's very compact and does not block my field of view when driving unlike those bulky ones that stick to the windscreen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gx3k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

omniphil
Old
Thanks Meter 79
How is the positioning with that mount hitting the power and volume buttons? I like to have my phone mounted with the power button on top so I can turn the screen off.

I really wish Samsung had not made the power and volume buttons down so low on this phone.

gx3k
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil View Post
How is the positioning with that mount hitting the power and volume buttons? I like to have my phone mounted with the power button on top so I can turn the screen off.

I really wish Samsung had not made the power and volume buttons down so low on this phone.
The GPS app I use works in any orientation so you can either have the power button or the volume buttons facing upwards so you can press them easily. Both the power button and the volume buttons are not centered on the side so the clip doesn't cover them.

omniphil
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Can you post a link to where you got this mount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx3k View Post
The GPS app I use works in any orientation so you can either have the power button or the volume buttons facing upwards so you can press them easily. Both the power button and the volume buttons are not centered on the side so the clip doesn't cover them.

gx3k
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil View Post
Can you post a link to where you got this mount?
I got it here (eBay UK), the price went down today to 2.89.
The Following User Says Thank You to gx3k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Troute
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx3k View Post
I got it here (eBay UK), the price went down today to 2.89.
I bought one thanks, it's even better than I thought, it has a tripod screw on the base!
Eccentric tabletphone user.