5,594,151 Members 47,436 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy tab 2 P3100 JB 4.1.2 (rooted using CF-Auto-Root) Official updates question

Tip us?

sim_tcr
Old
(Last edited by sim_tcr; 5th June 2013 at 08:20 AM.) Reason: minor edit
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default [Q] Galaxy tab 2 P3100 JB 4.1.2 (rooted using CF-Auto-Root) Official updates question

Hello,

I am from India and recently purchased Galaxy tab 2 P3100 model with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 version built in on it.

Baseband

P3100DDCLK1

Kernel Version
3.0.31-812001
se.infra@SEP-98#1
SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 8 20:09:50 KST 2013

Build Number
JZO54K.P3100DDCMC1

I have tried to root the device two days back, here is what happened,

1) Copied cwm-root-gtab2.zip and Fix-Recovery.zip to external SD Card. Flashed GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.1.0.tar using Odin successfully.
2) Went in to ClockWorkMod Recovery mode (power button + volume up) and Installed cwm-root-gtab2.zip and Fix-Recovery.zip using CWM Recovery successfully.
3) Rebooted the tab. ROOTING WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.
4) Went in to download mode again and flashed CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.zip using Odin and ROOTING WAS SUCCESS
5) But CWM Recovery was gone. So I went in to Download mode again and flashed GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.1.0.tar to get CWM.

Now I have CWM and Rooting.

Question is will I be able to receive Samsung official updates whenever they are available?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sim_tcr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qazmed
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_tcr View Post
Hello,

I am from India and recently purchased Galaxy tab 2 P3100 model with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 version built in on it.

Baseband

P3100DDCLK1

Kernel Version
3.0.31-812001
se.infra@SEP-98#1

Build Number
JZO54K.P3100DDCMC1

1) Copied cwm-root-gtab2.zip and Fix-Recovery.zip to external SD Card. Flashed GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.1.0.tar using Odin successfully.
2) Went in to ClockWorkMod Recovery mode (power button + volume up) and Installed cwm-root-gtab2.zip and Fix-Recovery.zip using CWM Recovery successfully.
4) Went in to download mode again and flashed CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.zip using Odin and ROOTING WAS SUCCESS
5) But CWM Recovery was gone. So I went in to Download mode again and flashed GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.1.0.tar to get CWM.

Question is will I be able to receive Samsung official updates whenever they are available?
Ya ofcourse ifnundont chanhe rom u recieve official updates

kunalthakur
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Hello,

Baseband

P3100DDCLK1

Kernel Version
3.0.31-812001
se.infra@SEP-98#1

Build Number
JZO54K.P3100DDCMC1

U will not be able to update your tab over-the-air (from settings). Instead connect it to a laptop or pc and use samsung kies to update it. Make sure to unroot before you update using either of these methods or you might get a bootloop (stuck on boot screen).
Check out my thread if u want to root or unroot tab 2.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

qazmed
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalthakur View Post
U will not be able to update your tab over-the-air (from settings). Instead connect it to a laptop or pc and use samsung kies to update it. Make sure to unroot before you update using either of these methods or you might get a bootloop (stuck on boot screen).
Check out my thread if u want to root or unroot tab 2.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app
No on cos I was rooted with com and updated to jelly bean and 4.1.1update I was also rooted and all of these updates are oat

sim_tcr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
I went to Settings->About device->Software update->Update and I get below error message,

"Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available"

I opened SuperSu app and went to settings and did "Full Unroot" and rebooted the device. After rebooting verified in "Root Checker" app that root access is removed. Tried Software update again and still same error message.

What is the way to restore my Official Software update?

qazmed
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
I went to Settings->About device->Software update->Update and I get below error message,

"Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available"

I opened SuperSu app and went to settings and did "Full Unroot" and rebooted the device. After rebooting verified in "Root Checker" app that root access is removed. Tried Software update again and still same error message.

What is the way to restore my Official Software update?
dude I already answered ur other thread but again u have latest version of stock there is no more updates my region still didnt get 4.1.2 now close these threads after pressing thanks to me hahaha
[COLOR="rgb(244, 164, 96)"][COLOR="rgb(244, 164, 96)"][/
COLOR]
[/COLOR]

plz quote me when replying I cant remember each forum I write in
dont say thnx but press the button

sim_tcr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default onnousa The

Quote:
Originally Posted by qazmed View Post
dude I already answered ur other thread but again u have latest version of stock there is no more updates my region still didnt get 4.1.2 now close these threads after pressing thanks to me hahaha
If I am correct, we should still get 4.2 by 2013 Q3 end. I don't want to miss that.
Btw, on top of unrooting, I also had to flash stock recovery to get rid of "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" error.
However now when I do, Settings->About device->Software update->Update I simply see a screen showing "Checking for software updates..." and that never completes. Could it be Samsung server error? or am I still being kicked out from Official updates? I remember that, earlier (before rooting) when I do this, I used to see some thing like "your device is already up to date".

qazmed
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
If I am correct, we should still get 4.2 by 2013 Q3 end. I don't want to miss that.
Btw, on top of unrooting, I also had to flash stock recovery to get rid of "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" error.
However now when I do, Settings->About device->Software update->Update I simply see a screen showing "Checking for software updates..." and that never completes. Could it be Samsung server error? or am I still being kicked out from Official updates? I remember that, earlier (before rooting) when I do this, I used to see some thing like "your device is already up to date".
do I even read the posts I write . I told u the message u get is.not an error u alredy have the latest update ok
moreover its not like when u press update u will getal ipdates from ics to coming ones am on 4.11 and I didnt get the 4.1.2 plz close this thread as no ise and no prob read this man , dang it
[COLOR="rgb(244, 164, 96)"][COLOR="rgb(244, 164, 96)"][/
COLOR]
[/COLOR]

plz quote me when replying I cant remember each forum I write in
dont say thnx but press the button

lampam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So how about rooting via recovery mode?

sim_tcr
Old
(Last edited by sim_tcr; 22nd June 2013 at 04:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Here is my observation. If you have ever rooted your tab 2 (using recovery or odin) in order to receive official updates you need to do the following,

* Use Triangle Away to reset the flash counter.
* Unroot the tab.
* If you have flashed CWM Recovery, re flash stock recovery.
* Finally flash stock firmware using odin (you can download your stock firmware from samemobile.com). When you flash stock firmware your flash count wont increase.