I am from India and recently purchased Galaxy tab 2 P3100 model with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 version built in on it.
SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 8 20:09:50 KST 2013
I have tried to root the device two days back, here is what happened,
1) Copied cwm-root-gtab2.zip and Fix-Recovery.zip to external SD Card. Flashed GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_220.127.116.11.tar using Odin successfully.
2) Went in to ClockWorkMod Recovery mode (power button + volume up) and Installed cwm-root-gtab2.zip and Fix-Recovery.zip using CWM Recovery successfully.
3) Rebooted the tab. ROOTING WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.
4) Went in to download mode again and flashed CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.zip using Odin and ROOTING WAS SUCCESS
5) But CWM Recovery was gone. So I went in to Download mode again and flashed GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_18.104.22.168.tar to get CWM.
Now I have CWM and Rooting.
Question is will I be able to receive Samsung official updates whenever they are available?