FORUMS

Looking for a Stock Rom for a Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5113

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By TirrexFalcon, Member on 22nd February 2014, 03:30 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I have a Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 that is more or less bricked. It won't allow me to boot in to the recovery in order to reset it. I've tried using Odin v3.07 to load Clockworkmod and the Stock rom that I found here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2420381

but Odin doesn't like Zip files.

I've tried the Vol - and power buttons and all I get is a black screen. Vol + and the power button get me the ODIN Mode. This was so easy to do on my GP5.0 but it at least had a working bootloader this thing is completely uncooperative. Please help.

Thanks,
 
 
22nd February 2014, 03:36 AM |#2  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 520
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TirrexFalcon

So I have a Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 that is more or less bricked. It won't allow me to boot in to the recovery in order to reset it. I've tried using Odin v3.07 to load Clockworkmod and the Stock rom that I found here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2420381

but Odin doesn't like Zip files.

I've tried the Vol - and power buttons and all I get is a black screen. Vol + and the power button get me the ODIN Mode. This was so easy to do on my GP5.0 but it at least had a working bootloader this thing is completely uncooperative. Please help.

Thanks,

Have you tried unzipping the stock ROM, then flashing the md5 through Odin? The md5 needs to be placed in the PDA, make sure repartition IS NOT checked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd February 2014, 03:48 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TirrexFalcon

So I have a Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 that is more or less bricked. It won't allow me to boot in to the recovery in order to reset it. I've tried using Odin v3.07 to load Clockworkmod and the Stock rom that I found here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2420381

but Odin doesn't like Zip files.

I've tried the Vol - and power buttons and all I get is a black screen. Vol + and the power button get me the ODIN Mode. This was so easy to do on my GP5.0 but it at least had a working bootloader this thing is completely uncooperative. Please help.

Thanks,

So, now I I have a screen that says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issues. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" I would love to... if I could get to recovery.
22nd February 2014, 03:53 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein

Have you tried unzipping the stock ROM, then flashing the md5 through Odin? The md5 needs to be placed in the PDA, make sure repartition IS NOT checked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I unzipped the "shakatu_GT-P5113_4.2.2" file but I don't see an MD5 file. There is a boot.img but that is about it.
22nd February 2014, 04:44 AM |#5  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 520
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TirrexFalcon

I unzipped the "shakatu_GT-P5113_4.2.2" file but I don't see an MD5 file. There is a boot.img but that is about it.

So I would try and find the stock ROM from Samsung. The one in development, though it IS stock, isn't what you want to get it back up and running, you want the official Stock from Sammie. I would unbrick that sucker first, then go back and root, flash custom recovery, then ROM.
22nd February 2014, 05:16 AM |#6  
wolfclan68's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chula Vista, Ca
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TirrexFalcon

So I have a Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 that is more or less bricked. It won't allow me to boot in to the recovery in order to reset it. I've tried using Odin v3.07 to load Clockworkmod and the Stock rom that I found here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2420381

but Odin doesn't like Zip files.

I've tried the Vol - and power buttons and all I get is a black screen. Vol + and the power button get me the ODIN Mode. This was so easy to do on my GP5.0 but it at least had a working bootloader this thing is completely uncooperative. Please help.

Thanks,

Perhaps you can find what you need here: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P5113
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfclan68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 01:54 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Is there a way to create a Boot SD Card and force the device to boot into a Recovery mode? CWM perhaps?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes