XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for a Stock Rom for a Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5113

Tip us?

TirrexFalcon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Looking for a Stock Rom for a Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5113

So I have a Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 that is more or less bricked. It won't allow me to boot in to the recovery in order to reset it. I've tried using Odin v3.07 to load Clockworkmod and the Stock rom that I found here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2420381

but Odin doesn't like Zip files.

I've tried the Vol - and power buttons and all I get is a black screen. Vol + and the power button get me the ODIN Mode. This was so easy to do on my GP5.0 but it at least had a working bootloader this thing is completely uncooperative. Please help.

Thanks,

njstein
Old
Thanks Meter 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by TirrexFalcon View Post
So I have a Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 that is more or less bricked. It won't allow me to boot in to the recovery in order to reset it. I've tried using Odin v3.07 to load Clockworkmod and the Stock rom that I found here...

I've tried the Vol - and power buttons and all I get is a black screen. Vol + and the power button get me the ODIN Mode. This was so easy to do on my GP5.0 but it at least had a working bootloader this thing is completely uncooperative. Please help.

Thanks,
Have you tried unzipping the stock ROM, then flashing the md5 through Odin? The md5 needs to be placed in the PDA, make sure repartition IS NOT checked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TirrexFalcon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

Thanks,
So, now I I have a screen that says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issues. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" I would love to... if I could get to recovery.

TirrexFalcon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein View Post
Have you tried unzipping the stock ROM, then flashing the md5 through Odin? The md5 needs to be placed in the PDA, make sure repartition IS NOT checked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I unzipped the "shakatu_GT-P5113_4.2.2" file but I don't see an MD5 file. There is a boot.img but that is about it.

njstein
Old
Thanks Meter 346
Quote:
I unzipped the "shakatu_GT-P5113_4.2.2" file but I don't see an MD5 file. There is a boot.img but that is about it.
So I would try and find the stock ROM from Samsung. The one in development, though it IS stock, isn't what you want to get it back up and running, you want the official Stock from Sammie. I would unbrick that sucker first, then go back and root, flash custom recovery, then ROM.

wolfclan68
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:

Thanks,
Perhaps you can find what you need here: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P5113
LG G2 LS980 Optimus DE 2.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P-5113 10.1, SlimKat 4.1

Retired:
HTC EVO 4G LTE Rooted/Stock 4.3
Samsung Moment (Crappiece)
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfclan68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TirrexFalcon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Is there a way to create a Boot SD Card and force the device to boot into a Recovery mode? CWM perhaps?