Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GS4 spoke "Please unlock your Device"

Tip us?

carma143
Old
(Last edited by carma143; 13th January 2014 at 02:06 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] GS4 spoke "Please unlock your Device"

I tried to look this up anywhere online and have found no where mentioning this, but while I was listening to the song "While my guitar gently weeps"by the Beatles the song randomly stopped while my screen was off and the Galaxy s4 spoke in a woman's voice " Please Unlock Your Device". I have had this phone for 6 months and nothing like this had ever happened to me. my phone is rooted but I haven't done much except installing titanium backup several months ago. just had this happen so I don't know if this is easily repeatable.

does anybody know why this happened?

Edit: This should probably not be in the general discussions. don't know how to change that though.

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by carma143 View Post
I tried to look this up anywhere online and have found no where mentioning this, but while I was listening to the song "While my guitar gently weeps"by the Beatles the song randomly stopped while my screen was off and the Galaxy s4 spoke in a woman's voice " Please Unlock Your Device". I have had this phone for 6 months and nothing like this had ever happened to me. my phone is rooted but I haven't done much except installing titanium backup several months ago. just had this happen so I don't know if this is easily repeatable.

does anybody know why this happened?

Edit: This should probably not be in the general discussions. don't know how to change that though.
It was a ghost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Herv� Musseau
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Also on Nexus 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carma143 View Post

does anybody know why this happened?.
Same thing happened to me on a couple of occasions recently, on a vanilla Nexus 7 2013. I heard this message while the tablet was playing music but otherwise not in use. The message repeats until you unlock the device.

carma143
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herv� Musseau View Post
Same thing happened to me on a couple of occasions recently, on a vanilla Nexus 7 2013. I heard this message while the tablet was playing music but otherwise not in use. The message repeats until you unlock the device.
About 2 weeks after I had started this thread I figured out what it was. When the in line remote is pressed and held, the button that pauses and starts video and audio, Android will normally pull up the Google Voice Command, but when your phone is locked, l that voice file is initiated.