Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Busybox 1.21.1 Flashable zip???

Tip us?

rayray989
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Busybox 1.21.1 Flashable zip???

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this, I'm looking for a Busybox 1.21.1 zip file to install by flashing via CWM on my HTC One S (S4). For some reason i can't install Busybox from the app downloaded from the market, so i believe this is probably the best way to do so. (unless someone else knows a better way, which would be appriciated)

I've searched here and only found one that has SuperSU bundled with it, i only need Busybox as i already have Super SU installed and updated to the latest version.

Thanks

Darknites
Old
Thanks Meter 2256
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray989 View Post
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this, I'm looking for a Busybox 1.21.1 zip file to install by flashing via CWM on my HTC One S (S4). For some reason i can't install Busybox from the app downloaded from the market, so i believe this is probably the best way to do so. (unless someone else knows a better way, which would be appriciated)

I've searched here and only found one that has SuperSU bundled with it, i only need Busybox as i already have Super SU installed and updated to the latest version.

Thanks
Just delete the supersu.apk and the su file and then flash the zip you found.

rayray989
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknites View Post
Just delete the supersu.apk and the su file and then flash the zip you found.
Thanks for the reply. I deleted the supersu.apk and the su file. When i tried to flash the zip file, it gave me an error (status 6) and the installation aborted.

I haven't had a problem flashing via CWM before so i'm unfamiliar with this error. Does it have something to do with the zip file i'm using?

Darknites
Old
Thanks Meter 2256
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I deleted the supersu.apk and the su file. When i tried to flash the zip file, it gave me an error (status 6) and the installation aborted.

I haven't had a problem flashing via CWM before so i'm unfamiliar with this error. Does it have something to do with the zip file i'm using?
Link me to the zip and also you could try using TWRP recovery.

rayray989
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Link me to the zip and also you could try using TWRP recovery.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44175626

Thats where i got the Busybox 1.21.1 & SuperSu zip from. I used the first one, which downloads to xbin.

I've attachted the zip file that i tried flashing, i removed SuperSU apk & SU file from that zip.

Is there a noticable difference between TWRP & CWM that warrant changing it? I've assumed CWM is the better recovery as it seem the more popular.

Darknites
Old
Thanks Meter 2256
Quote:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44175626

Thats where i got the Busybox 1.21.1 & SuperSu zip from. I used the first one, which downloads to xbin.

I've attachted the zip file that i tried flashing, i removed SuperSU apk & SU file from that zip.

Is there a noticable difference between TWRP & CWM that warrant changing it? I've assumed CWM is the better recovery as it seem the more popular.
I have a look soon and see what I can do. TWRP is the better recovery and you can use goo manager to flash it for you but you are a bit better off getting version 2.3.3.0.

rayray989
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK thanks, I might try it out. How do I go about switching from CWM to TWRP? I'm guessing you can't just flash it as its a recovery file.

Darknites
Old
Thanks Meter 2256
Quote:
OK thanks, I might try it out. How do I go about switching from CWM to TWRP? I'm guessing you can't just flash it as its a recovery file.
GooManager will download and flash the latest for you.

rayray989
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I have a look soon and see what I can do. TWRP is the better recovery and you can use goo manager to flash it for you but you are a bit better off getting version 2.3.3.0.
Any luck with the zip file? Thanks

Darknites
Old
Thanks Meter 2256
Quote:
Any luck with the zip file? Thanks
If it don't work I put it in one of my zips.