Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Busybox 1.21.1 Flashable zip???

Tip us?
 
rayray989
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2013
Phone Busybox 1.21.1 Flashable zip???

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this, I'm looking for a Busybox 1.21.1 zip file to install by flashing via CWM on my HTC One S (S4). For some reason i can't install Busybox from the app downloaded from the market, so i believe this is probably the best way to do so. (unless someone else knows a better way, which would be appriciated)

I've searched here and only found one that has SuperSU bundled with it, i only need Busybox as i already have Super SU installed and updated to the latest version.

Thanks
 
Darknites
Old
#2  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2256
Posts: 5,587
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray989 View Post
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this, I'm looking for a Busybox 1.21.1 zip file to install by flashing via CWM on my HTC One S (S4). For some reason i can't install Busybox from the app downloaded from the market, so i believe this is probably the best way to do so. (unless someone else knows a better way, which would be appriciated)

I've searched here and only found one that has SuperSU bundled with it, i only need Busybox as i already have Super SU installed and updated to the latest version.

Thanks
Just delete the supersu.apk and the su file and then flash the zip you found.
 
rayray989
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknites View Post
Just delete the supersu.apk and the su file and then flash the zip you found.
Thanks for the reply. I deleted the supersu.apk and the su file. When i tried to flash the zip file, it gave me an error (status 6) and the installation aborted.

I haven't had a problem flashing via CWM before so i'm unfamiliar with this error. Does it have something to do with the zip file i'm using?
 
Darknites
Old
#4  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2256
Posts: 5,587
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray989 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I deleted the supersu.apk and the su file. When i tried to flash the zip file, it gave me an error (status 6) and the installation aborted.

I haven't had a problem flashing via CWM before so i'm unfamiliar with this error. Does it have something to do with the zip file i'm using?
Link me to the zip and also you could try using TWRP recovery.
 
rayray989
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknites View Post
Link me to the zip and also you could try using TWRP recovery.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44175626

Thats where i got the Busybox 1.21.1 & SuperSu zip from. I used the first one, which downloads to xbin.

I've attachted the zip file that i tried flashing, i removed SuperSU apk & SU file from that zip.

Is there a noticable difference between TWRP & CWM that warrant changing it? I've assumed CWM is the better recovery as it seem the more popular.
 
Darknites
Old
#6  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2256
Posts: 5,587
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray989 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44175626

Thats where i got the Busybox 1.21.1 & SuperSu zip from. I used the first one, which downloads to xbin.

I've attachted the zip file that i tried flashing, i removed SuperSU apk & SU file from that zip.

Is there a noticable difference between TWRP & CWM that warrant changing it? I've assumed CWM is the better recovery as it seem the more popular.
I have a look soon and see what I can do. TWRP is the better recovery and you can use goo manager to flash it for you but you are a bit better off getting version 2.3.3.0.
 
rayray989
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2013
OK thanks, I might try it out. How do I go about switching from CWM to TWRP? I'm guessing you can't just flash it as its a recovery file.
 
Darknites
Old
#8  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2256
Posts: 5,587
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray989 View Post
OK thanks, I might try it out. How do I go about switching from CWM to TWRP? I'm guessing you can't just flash it as its a recovery file.
GooManager will download and flash the latest for you.
 
rayray989
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknites View Post
I have a look soon and see what I can do. TWRP is the better recovery and you can use goo manager to flash it for you but you are a bit better off getting version 2.3.3.0.
Any luck with the zip file? Thanks
 
Darknites
Old
#10  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2256
Posts: 5,587
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray989 View Post
Any luck with the zip file? Thanks
If it don't work I put it in one of my zips.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more

Cell Phone SIM Unlock Bill Just Steps Away from President’s Desk

For all those who believe that Cinderella stories don’t actually … more