Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pogo pins charging at higher rate.

Tip us?

ronedogg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default Pogo pins charging at higher rate.

Recently my wife broke her USB port on her n7, so I decided to just attach some wire to the pogo pins as I know there was a ground and a 5v line. After I installed battery monitor, hers was charging at 1000 to 1300ma. Mine charges at 500-600ma.

Maybe my port is broken too I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

rkanwar
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Hi I use the dock to charge my n7. I have noticed a faster charging rate. However i do not know how to measure this

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sony Xperia S | Asus Nexus 7

ronedogg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkanwar View Post
Hi I use the dock to charge my n7. I have noticed a faster charging rate. However i do not know how to measure this

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Download battery monitor widget from play store. It will display the MV on the top right of the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

rkanwar
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Thanks I will try it out tonight and report my results

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Sony Xperia S | Asus Nexus 7

joesnose
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I also charge my nexus from a homemade dock at the 1000-1300 mark compared with my usb port. The usb port is so bad that most of the time I see it discharging while in use!!!

I believe this is a hardware fault as mine used to charge great through usb. at one point my usb socket stopped working altogether, I ran a soldering iron over it and it is at least working again, still slow to charge.

I have also been following a thread about this in the google user forums. One person stated that when they changed the usb board charging rates resumed to normal standards. There is a lot of people in that thread suffering from this. Bad show google.

Wicked50
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Have you guys confirmed that the n7 charges faster off the pogo pins?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 83
It can charge just as fast off USB I know mine does I think the problem seems to be that the ports are easily damaged and it slows the charge rate

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning

joesnose
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked50 View Post
Have you guys confirmed that the n7 charges faster off the pogo pins?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
I have been following a thread on google forums about people suffering from poor charging rates. I can confirm that many users in that thread, myself included, have found that charging through pogo pins charges normally, whilst the usb charging takes forever and even discharges with screen on!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

-PiLoT-
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1011

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesnose View Post
I have been following a thread on google forums about people suffering from poor charging rates. I can confirm that many users in that thread, myself included, have found that charging through pogo pins charges normally, whilst the usb charging takes forever and even discharges with screen on!!

is that with the provided 2 amp charger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridaki View Post
it's about time we stop whining about how "our old phones lasted a week even if we were playing Snake all day" and adopt new charging habits.
MTP not working?, dont follow this advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724 View Post
The MTP device appears whether or not my ADB drivers are installed, and whether or not Android USB Debugging is enabled. Not sure what else I could suggest to get yours working other then a fresh (non-OEM) re-install of Windows.

joesnose
Old
Thanks Meter 19
It is with a third party charger as my charger broke, but it was the same with the original.