[HELP]Google Maps

OP YosefKonrad

19th February 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Running on 7" Almost AOSP V. 2. Everything is excellent but I can't get Google Maps working. It's incredibly sluggish, on-map text is glitchy and it's essentially unusable.

Is there a known fix for this?
19th February 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by YosefKonrad

Running on 7" Almost AOSP V. 2. Everything is excellent but I can't get Google Maps working. It's incredibly sluggish, on-map text is glitchy and it's essentially unusable.

Is there a known fix for this?

Google MAPS will not work on an Amazon operating system - I don't believe it will work on any of the thor-gapps roms. The API will not render properly, and is not licensed to work on Amazon o.s.'s. It will work on Capsjuste's AOSP 4.2.2-0 android ROM , which does not use Thor.

However, if you have access to the Amazon Appstore, you can try the 99-cent Tab for Google Maps app.
The Following User Says Thank You to wc4usa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc4usa

Google MAPS will not work on an Amazon operating system - I don't believe it will work on any of the thor-gapps roms. The API will not render properly, and is not licensed to work on Amazon o.s.'s. It will work on Capsjuste's AOSP 4.2.2-0 android ROM , which does not use Thor.

However, if you have access to the Amazon Appstore, you can try the 99-cent Tab for Google Maps app.

I don't have access to the amazon store. Any idea what the next best thing is on the Play Store?
20th February 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #4  
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 367

2,472 posts
I have Google maps working just fine in my 8.9" Fire running the stock OS with all the Google apps installed.

Obviously it doesn't work as well as the copy in my Note 3 without the onboard GPS, but it will find a location and map a route just fine.
23rd February 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

10 posts
More
To piggyback on this, does Zillow use the Google maps app? I downloaded Zillow from amazon before configuring gapps and it worked fine. I installed gapps then tried it and it was screwed up like Google maps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
Does maps.google.com work for you on the kindle? I don't have mine readily available to test, but since there's no GPS and you need a wireless connection to access maps anyway, wouldn't the website only be marginally less convenient than the app for this particular device?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread