5,597,138 Members 43,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is APT-X enabled on your LG G2?

Tip us?

Sebz4n
Old
(Last edited by Sebz4n; 18th December 2013 at 05:02 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [Q] Is APT-X enabled on your LG G2?

Hello!
I just invested in an APT-X Bluetooth receiver, but I don't hear much improvement than regular bluetooth (LG G2 vs LG G Pad 8.3).
It says on the box that LG G2 supports CSR APT-X but on their license website the LG G2 is not listed:
http://www.csr.com/technology-soluti...-aptx/brand/LG

It also doesn't state that it's supported anywhere in LGs website, but support claimed it is.
Meanwhile I've read threads here on XDA that says it's disabled, and that you can activate it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2450096&page=3

But since I am not rooted, and don't want to root my phone right now, I'd like to find out if you guys have it enabled by default (if you are running stock rom ofc). If you are rooted and would check if it's enabled you can do it by using a terminal on the phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddv2005 View Post
su
getprop persist.service.btui.use_aptx
You should get "1"
If you'd please post your result so I can contact LG if it isn't
Current: LG Nexus 5 & LG G Pad 8.3
Retired: Garmin Nüvifone A50, HTC Desire HD, Motorola Defy, Xperia Acro S, HP Touchpad, Galaxy Nexus, Asus TF101, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 4G, Lumia 920, Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Surface RT, Surface Pro, Xperia Tablet Z, HTC One, LG G2, Xperia Z1

PAGOT
Old
Thanks Meter 321

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebz4n View Post
Hello!
I just invested in an APT-X Bluetooth receiver, but I don't hear much improvement than regular bluetooth (LG G2 vs LG G Pad 8.3).
It says on the box that LG G2 supports CSR APT-X but on their license website the LG G2 is not listed:
http://www.csr.com/technology-soluti...-aptx/brand/LG

It also doesn't state that it's supported anywhere in LGs website, but support claimed it is.
Meanwhile I've read threads here on XDA that says it's disabled, and that you can activate it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2450096&page=3

But since I am not rooted, and don't want to root my phone right now, I'd like to find out if you guys have it enabled by default (if you are running stock rom ofc). If you are rooted and would check if it's enabled you can do it by using a terminal on the phone

If you'd please post your result so I can contact LG if it isn't
D802, had to set it first (setprop bla bla) before it was nothing, empty

^ don't have that phone anymore, too lazy to change the picture...

LG G2
Stock 4.2.2 with G2 Xposed variant 0
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
echo "who cares, always changes with the kernel..." > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table

Quadrant score never matters!

garywojdan81
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Same for vs980. Had to set it in terminal emulator

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

trav06
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Just enabled is on mine. The value was empty by default on a stock based ROM.

Thanks!

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Had to set VS980 in terminal emulator. Isn't even labeled on Verizon's box. You can do this unrooted through ADB temp thing without tripping check.

Sean473
Old
Thanks Meter 86
How can u do this? I'm a total noob but if u can give me some steps I can give it a shot!! I'm rooted already btw..

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
New Phone: 16GB LG G2 D802
Past Phones: Nokia 6600 Slide, 16GB iPhone 4 Black, 16GB Pearl Blue Samsung Galaxy S3 lag edition, 16 GB Black Xperia Z1 C6903

edwgil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean473 View Post
How can u do this? I'm a total noob but if u can give me some steps I can give it a shot!! I'm rooted already btw..

This is from LG support UK :

"Thank you for your email regarding your G2.

I have recieved contact back from LG and can advise that you need to be connecting a device to the handset that is APTX Enabled. On the handset when you connect to the APTX Device it should either be enabled or will prompt you to enable it."

So as it says on the box LG G2 is aptX enabled.

Sport6
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean473 View Post

I was able to enable it yesterday through the same steps as listed. But I skipped the SU step since I am not rooted. You will not get confirmation that it has set it to 1 when you getprop but it seems to work as my audio to my car has improved immensely. I use my phone to stream music to the cars receiver and would get distortion on the higher notes all the time but my tests yesterday show that its not there anymore.

Sebz4n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport6 View Post
I was able to enable it yesterday through the same steps as listed. But I skipped the SU step since I am not rooted. You will not get confirmation that it has set it to 1 when you getprop but it seems to work as my audio to my car has improved immensely. I use my phone to stream music to the cars receiver and would get distortion on the higher notes all the time but my tests yesterday show that its not there anymore.
So you were able to enable it without root?
Current: LG Nexus 5 & LG G Pad 8.3
Retired: Garmin Nüvifone A50, HTC Desire HD, Motorola Defy, Xperia Acro S, HP Touchpad, Galaxy Nexus, Asus TF101, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 4G, Lumia 920, Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Surface RT, Surface Pro, Xperia Tablet Z, HTC One, LG G2, Xperia Z1

Sport6
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebz4n View Post
So you were able to enable it without root?
There was no confirmation in the command line (it just didn't say anything after it was entered) but my phones bluetooth streaming to my Subaru was greatly improved.