Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Using avast! Hard Reset Protection

Tip us?
 
PercMastaFTW
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Using avast! Hard Reset Protection

If I somehow brick my custom ROM and need to back up to a previous state, will this security app cause problems and not allow me to fix my phone?

Just wondering! Thanks.
 
SayWhat10
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 2,414
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by PercMastaFTW View Post
If I somehow brick my custom ROM and need to back up to a previous state, will this security app cause problems and not allow me to fix my phone?

Just wondering! Thanks.
I always used that,and never had a problem flashing roms (didnt turn it off before flashing)
i think it only stops say if you lost your phone, and somebody found it, and they did the hard reset option in storage (factory reset)
doesnt think it stops it at all at the custom recovery/ODIN level
The Following User Says Thank You to SayWhat10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PercMastaFTW
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10 View Post
I always used that,and never had a problem flashing roms (didnt turn it off before flashing)
i think it only stops say if you lost your phone, and somebody found it, and they did the hard reset option in storage (factory reset)
doesnt think it stops it at all at the custom recovery/ODIN level
Ah, that makes me feel a lot better. Thanks man.

But does that mean they could instead flash a backup or something onto the phone to bypass that "hard" reset?
 
SayWhat10
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 2,414
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by PercMastaFTW View Post
Ah, that makes me feel a lot better. Thanks man.

But does that mean they could instead flash a backup or something onto the phone to bypass that "hard" reset?
yes, if a computer geek finds it you're done

but with sprint you can have them blacklist the EMEI
on GSM they could still use your phone
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes