Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more
Post Reply

Exclamation Galaxy Tab Pro(10.1) Issues

OP Promo76

27th February 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
Hello All,

I am starting this thread for known issues with the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1

So far I have noticed the following issues:

1. If you enable Google Search ans S-Voice and hold the tablet in your hand while putting a little pressure on the back of the tablet as if you were trying to bend it, does it launch either of the above mentioned applications? Mine does.
2. I also have a lot of apps exiting at random to the Home Screen.
3. Folders on the Home screen stop working at random. I have to press a few times to get them to work and then it only works sometimes.
4. Dolphin browser exits to the Home screen if i press and hold on any part of the webpage that does not trigger an article link. Sometimes it lunches Google search and/or S-Voice.

I am wondering if mine is defective or has a corrupt image. I have tried to reset it and reinstall my apps with the same result.

Thank you for you responses and I am looking forward to them.

Promo
Last edited by Promo76; 27th February 2014 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Typos
27th February 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promo76

Hello All,

I am starting this thread for known issues with the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1

So far I have noticed the following issues:

1. If you enable Google Search ans S-Voice and hold the tablet in your hand while putting a little pressure on the back of the tablet as if you were trying to bend it, does it launch either of the above mentioned applications? Mine does.
2. I also have a lot of apps exiting at random to the Home Screen.
3. Folders on the Home screen stop working at random. I have to press a few times to get them to work and then it only works sometimes.
4. Dolphin browser exits to the Home screen if i press and hold on any part of the webpage that does not trigger an article link. Sometimes it lunches Google search and/or S-Voice.

I am wondering if mine is defective or has a corrupt image. I have tried to reset it and reinstall my apps with the same result.

Thank you for you responses and I am looking forward to them.

Promo

I'm not experiencing the issues you described in 1-3. I just installed Dolphin and checked a couple pages, pressing on non-link areas as you described, and it didn't exit to the Home screen or launch the other apps.

I did find an issue in the My Files app the other day: If you rename a file within My Files, attaching that file to an email doesn't work because the renamed file doesn't appear in the list. I've tried with Gmail and the built-in email client, but neither could see the newly renamed file. Clearing the recent apps didn't help; I had to reboot the device and then I was able to attach the renamed file to an email.
27th February 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaegorith

I'm not experiencing the issues you described in 1-3. I just installed Dolphin and checked a couple pages, pressing on non-link areas as you described, and it didn't exit to the Home screen or launch the other apps.

I did find an issue in the My Files app the other day: If you rename a file within My Files, attaching that file to an email doesn't work because the renamed file doesn't appear in the list. I've tried with Gmail and the built-in email client, but neither could see the newly renamed file. Clearing the recent apps didn't help; I had to reboot the device and then I was able to attach the renamed file to an email.

Hello Jaegorith,

Regarding issues 1-3

1. Hold the tablet using both your hands, one on each side, you thumbs on the white part of the bezel and your eight remaining fingers, four each hand, on the back of the tablet while pressing with all your fingers and not really applying a lot of pressure but enough.
2. With me it is happening however I might be brushing the home button or the return key without noticing. I tried to pay attention but I do not notice me doing that however it could also be a bug with Kit Kat. I have not read anything on other forums that mentioned anything like it.
3. When I first created them them they were working fine however they started misbehaving after a little while.
4. If hold your thumb for 2 seconds on the screen, does Dolphin collapse to the Home screen?
5. I will look into our issue and try to duplicate the problem.
6. I typed this up on the tablet and while typing on the Samsung keyboard, Dolphin crashed to the Home screen severe times. I noticed that while pressing the space bar, being that it is close to the Home Button, it colapses. I am starting to think that my Home Button is reacting to my touches even though I am not engaging it directly.

Thanks for your reply.

Promo
27th February 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
Do you have to press your Home Button to trigger the action, like on the Galaxy s 4, or do you just touch it?
27th February 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
After calling Samsung tech support I found out that the home button should push in and mine does not. This is the way I received the tablet I already filled out an RMA request through Newegg. Sorry for the confusion.

Jaegorith, I have not yet tried to duplicate the issue you wrote about, however when I receive my replacement tablet tomorrow I will try it and let you know.
27th February 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promo76

After calling Samsung tech support I found out that the home button should push in and mine does not. This is the way I received the tablet I already filled out an RMA request through Newegg. Sorry for the confusion.

Jaegorith, I have not yet tried to duplicate the issue you wrote about, however when I receive my replacement tablet tomorrow I will try it and let you know.

Thanks, and glad to hear they're replacing your tablet.

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank