Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What is l2_hsic kernel wakelock and I9500 not entering deep sleep

Tip us?

MajorAly
Old
(Last edited by MajorAly; 17th March 2014 at 11:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Question [Q] What is l2_hsic kernel wakelock and I9500 not entering deep sleep

Hello,

I have a GT-I9500,

So I've been on the leaked official FW of 4.4.2 (NB3) one for quite some time and didn't experience any problems with anything. When I heard that my own region's 4.4.2 FW is available, naturally I went and flashed it (did all the steps of wiping and everything).

But after flashing the ROM and then Perseus Kernel 18, I'm having a problem of the phone going into deep sleep mode. The kernel wakelock, l2_hsic is the main culprit here IMO, I also use greenify and have greenified all the apps I always put on greenify. Basically I did everything I did when I flashed the leaked 4.4.2 FW.

I read somewhere that toggling fast dormancy might cause this wakelock, also read that taking out the sim card and putting it back in might solve it but to no avail on my side. I uninstalled GoKhan's Fast Dormancy app and everything but still having a problem. I even tried flashing the ROM again but didn't solve the issue.

Here are the screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/lAeJ3T5.png

http://i.imgur.com/lTtGlOy.png

http://i.imgur.com/Au0ncYX.png

Does anyone have any idea about it and how to resolve this issue? Since the phone is not entering deep sleep, the battery is being drained fast.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
ROM: Stock 4.3 MK3 | Kernel: Perseus Alpha | Recovery: CWM

Laying the legend to rest: Samsung Galaxy SII

MajorAly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Anyone?

Went to sleep with 88% charge, woke up to 67% with l2_hsic waking up the phone for about 40,000 times!

NonXtreme
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Try using stock kernel and see if the problem solved. I heard perseus kernel has some deep sleep issue.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

MajorAly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonXtreme View Post
Try using stock kernel and see if the problem solved. I heard perseus kernel has some deep sleep issue.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
Yeah seems like it but NB3 had no issue with Perseus' kernel 18, could be this FW has that issue.

Can you point me to the stock kernel? Or will I have to flash the FW again?

seedanbu002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having exactly the same problem here. Battery is been drained fast. My stock firmware is the I9500UBUFNB3 TTT (Trinidad and Tobago, bought foreign) 4.4.2, as can be seeing in sammobile.
I'm also using Perseus alpha 18, as it was said that it now support 4.4. Using the BetterBatteryStats app I also detected the wakelock l2_hsic, which I believe is the main source of the problem. Did you manage to solve it? I tried the original kernel but it showed an error and didn't even boot properly. I will try to reinstall the rom.

jaswinky
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedanbu002 View Post
I'm having exactly the same problem here. Battery is been drained fast. My stock firmware is the I9500UBUFNB3 TTT (Trinidad and Tobago, bought foreign) 4.4.2, as can be seeing in sammobile.
I'm also using Perseus alpha 18, as it was said that it now support 4.4. Using the BetterBatteryStats app I also detected the wakelock l2_hsic, which I believe is the main source of the problem. Did you manage to solve it? I tried the original kernel but it showed an error and didn't even boot properly. I will try to reinstall the rom.
Same here, same TTT firmware but I am with stock kernel. It doesn't enter in deep sleep, since about a few days or one week ago (no flashings, nothing new). Appart of l2_hsic, AlarmManager CPU Wakelock iside Android System. Sometimes I also see a lot of RILG and Location Manager, but I full disabled geolocation and l2_hsic, AlarmManager and no deep sleep persist...

jaswinky
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswinky View Post
Same here, same TTT firmware but I am with stock kernel. It doesn't enter in deep sleep, since about a few days or one week ago (no flashings, nothing new). Appart of l2_hsic, AlarmManager CPU Wakelock iside Android System. Sometimes I also see a lot of RILG and Location Manager, but I full disabled geolocation and l2_hsic, AlarmManager and no deep sleep persist...
Solved. I made wipe dalvik (just cache and dalvik, not necessary data). To do that I had to install a custom recovery, because I made root with cfautoroot and I just had stock recovery, no capable to wipe dalvik. I instal Philz touch recovery and then wipe cache and dalvik. Restarted and now it enters sucessfully in deep sleep.

jaswinky
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswinky View Post
Solved. I made wipe dalvik (just cache and dalvik, not necessary data). To do that I had to install a custom recovery, because I made root with cfautoroot and I just had stock recovery, no capable to wipe dalvik. I instal Philz touch recovery and then wipe cache and dalvik. Restarted and now it enters sucessfully in deep sleep.
Sorry, not solved... Wiping dalvik fix it just for a while, but after some minutes or any hour it starts again...

Enviado desde mi GT-P7510 usando Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorAly View Post
Hello,

I have a GT-I9500,

So I've been on the leaked official FW of 4.4.2 (NB3) one for quite some time and didn't experience any problems with anything. When I heard that my own region's 4.4.2 FW is available, naturally I went and flashed it (did all the steps of wiping and everything).

But after flashing the ROM and then Perseus Kernel 18, I'm having a problem of the phone going into deep sleep mode. The kernel wakelock, l2_hsic is the main culprit here IMO, I also use greenify and have greenified all the apps I always put on greenify. Basically I did everything I did when I flashed the leaked 4.4.2 FW.

I read somewhere that toggling fast dormancy might cause this wakelock, also read that taking out the sim card and putting it back in might solve it but to no avail on my side. I uninstalled GoKhan's Fast Dormancy app and everything but still having a problem. I even tried flashing the ROM again but didn't solve the issue.

Here are the screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/lAeJ3T5.png

http://i.imgur.com/lTtGlOy.png

http://i.imgur.com/Au0ncYX.png

Does anyone have any idea about it and how to resolve this issue? Since the phone is not entering deep sleep, the battery is being drained fast.
Anyone fixed it?

Enviado desde mi GT-P7510 usando Tapatalk 2

MajorAly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedanbu002 View Post
I just reinstalled the official FW again to solve the issue. Apparently I'm now just waiting for Perseus to release a kernel which caters to these issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajorAly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaswinky
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorAly View Post
I just reinstalled the official FW again to solve the issue. Apparently I'm now just waiting for Perseus to release a kernel which caters to these issues.
Thanks for your answer. Did you wipe data when reinstalled the fw or just flashed it?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2

Tags
i9500, l2_hsic