XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Status 7 errors in Philz Recovery

Tip us?

szaboagoston
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Status 7 errors in Philz Recovery

I'm using GT-i9505. I tried Wanam Lite 44.2 for a few days. Now I wanted to install another ROM, but I got a status 7 error. I tried to fix the problem by updating the recovery and trying out different ROMs. It looks like nothing works, and I can't even install the previously used ROMs. When I do a factory reset the remains of my Wanam ROM can't connect to wifi or mobile network either. Can't really find a solution. What's wrong and does anyone have an idea how to fix it? Thanks.

velein
Old
(Last edited by velein; 20th February 2014 at 09:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
I got the status 7 error too, when trying to install MIUI. Had to switch to TWRP recovery - worked at first try

szaboagoston
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by szaboagoston View Post
I'm using GT-i9505. I tried Wanam Lite 44.2 for a few days. Now I wanted to install another ROM, but I got a status 7 error. I tried to fix the problem by updating the recovery and trying out different ROMs. It looks like nothing works, and I can't even install the previously used ROMs. When I do a factory reset the remains of my Wanam ROM can't connect to wifi or mobile network either. Can't really find a solution. What's wrong and does anyone have an idea how to fix it? Thanks.
I managed to install TWRP, so now I can flash ROMs. But I don't know if there is a solution to the Philz status 7 error problem.

Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 20th February 2014 at 09:32 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by velein View Post
I got the status 7 error to, when trying to install MIUI. Had to switch to TWRP recovery - worked at first try
Quote:
Originally Posted by szaboagoston View Post
I managed to install TWRP, so now I can flash ROMs. But I don't know if there is a solution to the Philz status 7 error problem.
Flash Philz recovery v 6.09.2 or Philz v 6.15.6 Jflte It has option to install Roms with older update scripts.( remember to unticked the Don't allow old update-binary () and that should fix that problem.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Drasztic
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I'm having the same status 7 right now. I'm going to try TWRP now.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk