FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[Q] Galaxy note n7000 ever Going To Update To Android 4.4(official)

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By SHIV9911, Junior Member on 18th February 2014, 02:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Recently I Learned That Android 4.4 Require Only 512 Ram Than
Why Samsung Is Not Put Galaxy Note N7000 To Android 4.4 Update List ?
:ma d:
 
 
18th February 2014, 03:11 PM |#2  
XxPixX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 533
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIV9911

Recently I Learned That Android 4.4 Require Only 512 Ram Than
Why Samsung Is Not Put Galaxy Note N7000 To Android 4.4 Update List ?
:ma d:

Because it is an old device. Also, forget about any further updates from Samsung, it will stay on 4.1.2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XxPixX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 04:05 PM |#3  
AA1973's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 9,467
 
More
Headline on AndroidPolice - today
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02...coming-months/

Official press release by Samsung
http://www.samsungmobileuspress.com/...es-and-Tablets

Sent via GALAXY NOTE N7000 // KitKat
18th February 2014, 06:06 PM |#4  
nigi73's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Winshill
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxPixX

Because it is an old device. Also, forget about any further updates from Samsung, it will stay on 4.1.2

And because they want to sell you s4/note3/s5.
They have no business in keeping old devices alive.
Welcome in a corporate world
The Following User Says Thank You to nigi73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 08:09 PM |#5  
p51d007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield, Mo
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
Nope, but, at least for my usage pattern, 4.1.2 is rock stable.
Other than having a higher number, does KK really "give" you anything in the Note1,
that would be worth the hassle of trying to get it to work?
19th February 2014, 03:37 AM |#6  
lukasspro777's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51d007

Nope, but, at least for my usage pattern, 4.1.2 is rock stable.
Other than having a higher number, does KK really "give" you anything in the Note1,
that would be worth the hassle of trying to get it to work?

Obviously you haven't tried 4.4.2 on Note1.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to lukasspro777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 08:37 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
@lukasspro777 Would you like to elaborate on that? Obviously going out of TW will also bring some disadvantages, like the use of the S PEN, and some TW based applications which I quite enjoy: the S Note and the S Planner, just to name a few.

Obviously they can be replaced - however not something everyone is willing to do.

The major thing for me with the stock ROM is the lack of space for installing applications. Nothing is more irritating than receiving a brand new update of your favourite application and when trying to install it and get the "not enough memory" error.

I for one did get annoyed enough to try the SlimBean final stable version, and I did not go back. The ROM is fantastic, and extremely light. I had to install some new applications like the Business Calendar Pro and the matching Business tasks which I learned to enjoy (even though the visual aspect of the S Planner was better in my opinion). I also substituted the S Note with Evernote, Sketchbook mobile express and Papyrus and now it looks like a new phone.

However its not like I gained a new feature with 4.3.1 over what the stock ROM had. But after about 2 years of using it, it was taking too much time to open some applications and the general lag was all over the place. Now its not a Galaxy Note 3, but I am quite happy with this change.
19th February 2014, 08:48 AM |#8  
nokiamodeln91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,740
 
More
There is a thread on modified pit to increase data partition..
19th February 2014, 09:09 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiamodeln91

There is a thread on modified pit to increase data partition..

I know nokiamodel91, but I don't want to swap my SD card and internal memory. I want to be able to swap my 64gb sd card and not worry that half of my applications will stop working.

I never understood why out of the 16GB internal storage only 1.9GB can be used for applications. I have the internal storage almost empty, as I save everything on the micro sd card and find it very frustrating to have internal storage space but can't use it to install applications.
19th February 2014, 11:11 AM |#10  
nokiamodeln91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,740
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johev

I know nokiamodel91, but I don't want to swap my SD card and internal memory. I want to be able to swap my 64gb sd card and not worry that half of my applications will stop working.

I never understood why out of the 16GB internal storage only 1.9GB can be used for applications. I have the internal storage almost empty, as I save everything on the micro sd card and find it very frustrating to have internal storage space but can't use it to install applications.

Thats what the PIT will do. Increase the data partition to 4 GB..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes