Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] DNA not turning on. What?!

Tip us?

Cremacious
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] DNA not turning on. What?!

I was using my phone earlier, and everything was normal. I put it in my pocket when using my computer, but when I pulled it out to use it, the device was off. I pressed the power button. Nothing. Held the power button down. Nothing. Held the power button + volume down. Nothing, again.
The phone was fully charged three hours ago when I unplugged it, and when I plug it in now there are no lights turning on.
I'm incredible confused and a bit scared. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do?

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,474

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremacious View Post
I was using my phone earlier, and everything was normal. I put it in my pocket when using my computer, but when I pulled it out to use it, the device was off. I pressed the power button. Nothing. Held the power button down. Nothing. Held the power button + volume down. Nothing, again.
The phone was fully charged three hours ago when I unplugged it, and when I plug it in now there are no lights turning on.
I'm incredible confused and a bit scared. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do?
Plug it in either to an outlet or the USB on your pc (I cant remember which) and hold the power button down until it comes back to life... Should work

What Rom and kernel are you running and are you overclocking?

Cremacious
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
Plug it in either to an outlet or the USB on your pc (I cant remember which) and hold the power button down until it comes back to life... Should work

What Rom and kernel are you running and are you overclocking?
I'm using crDroid AOSP with cpalmer's kernel. No overclock or anything. I've had it for days without any problems.
And I have it plugged it, but nothing happens when I hold power button.

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremacious View Post
I'm using crDroid AOSP with cpalmer's kernel. No overclock or anything. I've had it for days without any problems.
And I have it plugged it, but nothing happens when I hold power button.
Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it if your comfortable with opening the phone it worked for someone else with this issue where the dna magically died.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cremacious
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I'm a little afraid to try and open it in fear of damaging it more
But I also don't think I could open it since I don't have much in terms of tools.

jasoraso
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Make sure you are holding the power button for at least 30 seconds. IF that doesn't work, try power and volume down for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, leave on the charger for an hour, then try again, both plugged in, and unplugged

Cremacious
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post
Make sure you are holding the power button for at least 30 seconds. IF that doesn't work, try power and volume down for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, leave on the charger for an hour, then try again, both plugged in, and unplugged
Tried all of those with no luck...
I'm upset that this even happened. What could possibly cause the battery to just go dead like this?

durgis
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Return it or get a replacement, there have been quite a few reports of battery / no power issues.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Most of them just reset the battery by disconnecting it and reconnecting it. I'm sure there is a way to reset it with a combination of buttons. Maybe go call htc the support is actually really good I haven't had any bad interactions with them in the 2 instances I called. This should also be covered on the year warranty and they should replace it for free since it has not been a year yet. I would call.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cremacious
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I was able to take it to Verizon and get a replacement for free. I'll still kind of freaked out that it will happen again though...
My phone was rooted... So will Verizon know when they receive my old phone?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Tags
dna not turning on