Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FaaastJB v2.5 running on Hipstreet Flare (Easy fix)

Tip us?

SilverX69
Old
(Last edited by SilverX69; 1st October 2013 at 01:31 AM.) Reason: correctness
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Smile FaaastJB v2.5 running on Hipstreet Flare (Easy fix)

Hello there, for anyone with a Hipstreet FLARE (HS-9DTB4) who has had the nightmare of trying to find a ROM for it, I have a solution!

These models typically come from Canada, like myself, although I don't know if it's exclusive. I spent many hours modding operating system files when I almost accidently came up with a MUCH easier solution.

This instructional assumes you have installed your USB drivers and have a copy of ADB

1: BACK UP YOUR ROM
(if you're like me and you lost the original you can probably skip this)

2: Follow the instructions at A13 ROM JB 4.2.2 + DRIVERS and install FaaastJB v2.5 (4.2.2).

Once installed, your touchscreen and gsensor will NOT work

3: Download the TS driver from the installation link: - ft5x_ts, goodix_ts, gslX680, nt11003+mxc32x0

4: Unzip the file to your ADB directory
5: Open the file 'setupsensors.sh'
Remove this line: insmod /system/vendor/modules/mxc32x0.ko

6: Insert this:
Code:
#9inch
	insmod /system/vendor/modules/ft5x_ts.ko
	insmod /system/vendor/modules/goodix_ts.ko
	insmod /system/vendor/modules/nt11003.ko
#	insmod /system/vendor/modules/ssd253x_ts.ko
#	insmod /system/vendor/modules/ssd2533_ts.ko
	insmod /system/vendor/modules/gslX680.ko

#7inch
#	insmod /system/vendor/modules/gt811.ko
#	insmod /system/vendor/modules/gsl1680.ko
#	insmod /system/vendor/modules/ssd253x_ts.ko
#	insmod /system/vendor/modules/sitronix_ts.ko
#	insmod /system/vendor/modules/pixcir_touch_811.ko
#	insmod /system/vendor/modules/gslX680.ko

#insmod G-sensor driver
	insmod /system/vendor/modules/mma7660.ko
#	insmod /system/vendor/modules/mecs.ko
#	insmod /system/vendor/modules/mxc622x.ko
#	mkdir /data/misc/sensors 0777 system system
-- Loading these modules into other A13 ROM is possible but I couldn't for the life of me get the WIFI working (properly), except in FaaastJB.

7: Connect your Hipstreet FLARE via USB and execute the 'run.bat' that came with the TS modules.
8: Enjoy having Google Play on your (crappy) Hipstreet Flare
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilverX69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

forbiddenera
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Not sure if I like the new launcher, but thanks for pointing me toward the newer faastjb.. dunno if I like the bootscreen either..

ANYHOW.. In the past, on my Hipstreet Flare, I was using the gt_828 ? driver.. and it seemed to work, however, I never bothered getting the sensors working/etc.. However I would like the camera to work, and, it doesn't seem to with these drivers / this rom .. (crashes when opening cam app)

DaveCarp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mucho thanks for posting the drivers to use with the Flare, touch and gsensors seem to be working fine.
And many thanks to Toxicro for making the rom etc !

As a newbie to flashing android, I thought I might point out that when you edit the 'setupsensors.sh' file, do NOT use notepad.
Notepad++ seems to work fine (it is compatible with this file format).

I used Livesuit 2 to flash, and did have trouble getting the driver to load. Best I could get was a USB - unknown device showing in device manager.. but from there it was easy enough to argue with Win7 and finally manage to manually point to the Livesuit/driver folder.

One thing I noticed, is that you can still get into a recovery mode with FAAST-JB.
In the stock Flare, from power off, you hold the Vol- and Power until the unit responds, then start pressing Power repeatedly (while holding Vol-). With Faast-JB loaded, you have to hold the Vol+ instead (since the keys are reversed in the flash, no biggie).
This now brings up a CWM recovery screen.
I would think that Backup and Restore probably work fine.

But what about "Install zip from sd card" ?
Would this work for further flashing, or would that not be recommended due to the odd structure of these A10/13 devices ?