Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Update problems N5110

Tip us?

Scapegoat86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tutorial [Q] Update problems N5110

Hi everyone

I'm new here and english is not my first language so please be patient.

I have a Note 8 running stock 4.1.2 ... The first time I turn it on it asked me to create a samsung account and then started to download and install updates, since then, the firmware still the same and I read here that a lot of people has been rocking 4.2.2 for a while now, but when I hit "check for updates" it says that I have the latest updates installed, now I'm wondering if when samsung launches 4.4.2 would I get the update? in case I don't get the update, is there any way to get it or install it manually without voiding my warranty?

I'd really apreciate if somebody explains this to me and share with me the links to the tutorials to do this if it is posibble.

BTW... I'm from México if this helps to know whats happening

Thanks in advance.

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Ok, is your 5110 a carrier based tablet or retail.

Mine came factory with 4.2.2 late 2013.

So I could not verify why the update you tried is not working.

It is possible Samsung servers have not registered your device and may take a few days to push an update.

Make sure your Samsung Account has the device registered, if so, you can try to push an update through Kies. Once your have your tablet setup in the program.

Scapegoat86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude View Post
Ok, is your 5110 a carrier based tablet or retail.

Mine came factory with 4.2.2 late 2013.

So I could not verify why the update you tried is not working.

It is possible Samsung servers have not registered your device and may take a few days to push an update.

Make sure your Samsung Account has the device registered, if so, you can try to push an update through Kies. Once your have your tablet setup in the program.

Well, mine came with 4.1.2 and I also bought it late 2013, I bought the tablet in a mall and doesn't appear to be linked to any carrier. I made the registration process but I don't know anything else, How do I check if my device has been registrered properly? the Note updated a lot of samsung apps and I have acces to samsung app store, so I though everything about registration was right, and yes, I tryed to update via Kies but is the same history, maybe is something about me geografic location.

Is there another way to get the updates or download the firmwares and install them?

Thanks for answer.