5,598,980 Members 31,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bravia Engine 2

Tip us?

rajit
Old
(Last edited by rajit; 4th March 2014 at 02:04 PM.)
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 602

DONATE TO ME
Camera Bravia Engine 2

So Guyz

The Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine is a set of Sony-specific image processing algorithms which are applied to the rendering process when drawing an image or video on the screen of your smartphone. It’s on by default, in those Xperia™ smartphones where it’s applicable, but it can be turned off in the settings menu of your phone. The benefit of using Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine is that the viewing experience is improved in a way that is optimised to fit the human eye, with more details, enhanced colours and less noise. In the video above, we show you the benefit of the Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine and explain how it works.

When the Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine is running, a software layer is applied to the decoding step for images and video, where the Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine processing is done in real-time. This means that it does not alter the image or video file, but only the way it is represented on the screen. The Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine works intelligently and applies the effects depending on input, which means that the effects are applied in a way that is individually calculated for each picture. In addition, all of the algorithms in Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine are calibrated for each Xperia™ product to improve image quality on the specific display. Below, we will describe the different effects along with images illustrating these effects.
Contrast enhancement brings out the details

With the Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine, the contrast in images and video is enhanced by making the darkest parts slightly darker, which results in a perceived higher contrast that brings out details in the picture. This contrast enhancement is adapted to each individual image to avoid further reduction of brightness on images that are already dark, and to strengthen the contrast enhancement on vivid and bright images. As seen in the illustration below, this will give your images and videos more dynamics and better perceived details.

Illustration showing the contrast enhancement effect of the Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine.

Colour Management gives deep and vivid colours
Colour saturation is also increased for specified colour ranges when you are running the Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine, which will make the colours deeper and more vivid. In general, the human eye prefers deeper colours on photo and video. This is especially true for natural scenes. As you can see in the illustration below, the enhancement level and the enhanced colour ranges are calibrated to suit human eyes when running Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine. This makes sure that colours on photo and video are represented in a way that is pleasant for the eye.

Illustration showing the colour management effect of the Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine.

Noise reduction for clear video viewing
Another use case where Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine comes in useful is when you are streaming low-quality video from online sources, as the compression algorithms usually used by common web services such as YouTube, often cause distortions and many artefacts in the image. For videos stored locally on your smartphone, there might also be a risk of noise depending on the video quality of your clip. The noise artefacts that most commonly occur when using such compression algorithms are Block Noise , and Mosquito Noise .
Now by using Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine, all of these disturbances are greatly reduced as it reduces temporal and spatial noise caused by these artefacts in low-resolution video. Spatial noise reduction means that image noise reduction is applied to each individual frame, and temporal noise reduction means that noise between frames is reduced. The Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine combines these two methods to get an improved user experience when watching videos.

Illustration showing the effect of the noise reduction done by the Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine.

Sharpness filter increases detail level
As a final step in the Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine, a sharpness filter is applied to increase the overall detail level in the image. This is done by enhancing the edges, as seen below, and the enhancement is calibrated to increase contrast between different image areas, but still avoid an increase of the amount of noise present in the image.

Illustration showing the effect of the Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine sharpness filter.

As you can see, the effects of the Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine enhance the image viewing experience drastically. And the best thing is that you basically only have to pick up a fairly modern Sony Xperia™ smartphone to enjoy it, as this Sony imaging technology is included in most Xperia™ smartphones. Check out the links below for more information!

Don't Just Download And Leave. Support Me By Donating/Thanks/Rate Thread 5star

Take Permission Before Taking as A part of Your ROM, Or i will Report

Attached Files
File Type: zip Bravia 2 XOLO Q700-Q700i.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.64 MB, 250 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rajit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rajit
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 602

DONATE TO ME
1+ :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rajit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sathishsekar
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME

anshude1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Question

Will this work on unrooted Q700 stock rom? A colleague wants to know if renaming to update. Zip will work... Doesn't want to root his new phone yet...

abhinav2hd
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshude1 View Post
Will this work on unrooted Q700 stock rom? A colleague wants to know if renaming to update. Zip will work... Doesn't want to root his new phone yet...
Name doesn't matter here, CWM or Any other Custom Recovery is necessary for flashing this.
The Following User Says Thank You to abhinav2hd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mdasif
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It works

Sent from my Q700 using Tapatalk

anshude1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav2hd View Post
Name doesn't matter here, CWM or Any other Custom Recovery is necessary for flashing this.
Thanks Abhinav, for taking some time out for replying... Wish you the best for your exams..
I flashed this file now... Feel that the sharpness of pictures is better... But original Xolo Q700 display quality is itself so good, that the difference is marginal... Can anyone else share his/ her experience?
The Following User Says Thank You to anshude1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nishantschavan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sent from my XOLO Q700 using xda app-developers app
Quote:
Press Thanks Button If I Helped You!

MY DEVICE

Device History :

Nokia 6600
Nokia C5-03

Current Device :