5,597,815 Members 37,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

In depth review of the Note Pro 12.2 KitKat

Tip us?

clouds5
Old
(Last edited by clouds5; 16th February 2014 at 02:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 335
Default In depth review of the Note Pro 12.2 KitKat

I just love her (mobiletechreview) in depth reviews and felt like sharing! After watching or sweeping through I feel like I know everything about a device. This is of course interesting to us because KitKat on Note 10.1 2014 will most likely look very similar to this minus one or two "pro" features.
And I really like what Samsung has done to the general feel of their new Tablet Touchwiz! I'm gonna use Nova launcher anyway for homescreens but stuff like notification center or settings do look good. IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ROA9Svrkw
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to clouds5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ozz007
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm using the magazine UI and it feels very responsive, I have no complaints.

clouds5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz007 View Post
I'm using the magazine UI and it feels very responsive, I have no complaints.
May I ask you, what device are you using it on?
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Good review. Harcum looks very impressive. If con even handle formulas in excel!

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ozz007
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds5 View Post
May I ask you, what device are you using it on?
Yes im using it on the Note Pro 12.2

It does not lag like the 10.1 2014, it could be the new KIt Kat or they actually improve performance on the UI, Hope when they release the update for the 2014 10.1, it will also benefit from the nice performance improvement.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozz007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rushless
Old
(Last edited by rushless; 18th February 2014 at 05:49 PM.) Reason: Spellin'
Thanks Meter 216
I see zero lag on the 2014, but so far find the battery life for my comparative use very lacking.

Performance is equal to my stock Excite 7.7 and iPad 4 which are virtually instantaneous for both UI and app use.

redstar299
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I'm loving this new Tablet. The screen is amazing and the magazine ux is pretty cool. Didn't think it be much of an upgrade over the 10.1 2014 but it really is. Honestly they probably should have skipped the 10.1 2014 all together and just came out with the pro line. Battery is definitely better as well. Not sure it's really worth the full $750 I'm on the fence there..but I'm an early adopter I have to have my electronics obsession filled regularly so perhaps to me it is. Build quality maybe questionable.. It's definitely not in iPad league as far as that goes. But I still love it, definitely a unique device. It feels like a laptop without the keyboard if that makes any sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

ziotom2
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
I'm loving this new Tablet. The screen is amazing and the magazine ux is pretty cool. Didn't think it be much of an upgrade over the 10.1 2014 but it really is. Honestly they probably should have skipped the 10.1 2014 all together and just came out with the pro line. Battery is definitely better as well. Not sure it's really worth the full $750 I'm on the fence there..but I'm an early adopter I have to have my electronics obsession filled regularly so perhaps to me it is. Build quality maybe questionable.. It's definitely not in iPad league as far as that goes. But I still love it, definitely a unique device. It feels like a laptop without the keyboard if that makes any sense.

Fortunately not completely right... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2653043
SM-N9005 SD 64 gb samsung - XXUDMJ6 - ODEX - root CF -

reubenskelly1992
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post

It's not an update. Just a bigger screen. Same resolution and insides. We will get the new software soon anyway

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Xophile
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Isn't it a downgrade? The 2014 comes with 3gb ram?