Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia z ultra or Galaxy note 3??

Tip us?

romano_ezzat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Xperia z ultra or Galaxy note 3??

Which is better guys
I have z ultra now and I thinking to change to note 3
What's your opinion for this step?

Sent from my C6802 using xda premium

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 875
There are some posts about that. Anyways yuo are in the Xperia forum so you can imagine the answers...I had NOTE 1 and Note 2 and tested Note 3...the Ultra just captured me from the start. I do not see a single reason to go back to Note 3 unless you really love the spen that much, love having extra batteries around or cannot handle the Ultra size.
Cant think of anything else...but I love my Ultra lol

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
There are some posts about that. Anyways yuo are in the Xperia forum so you can imagine the answers...I had NOTE 1 and Note 2 and tested Note 3...the Ultra just captured me from the start. I do not see a single reason to go back to Note 3 unless you really love the spen that much, love having extra batteries around or cannot handle the Ultra size.
Cant think of anything else...but I love my Ultra lol
Pretty much this. Note 3 if you want the S-Pen or the Ultra if you want the "waterproofness" (funny looking word, but it is indeed a word ) and build quality.

nathlynn22
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Build quality is better on xzu battery isn't bad. But no flash. And not sure if note 3 has ir blaster but xzu doesn't which is annoying.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

aimfire72
Old
Thanks Meter 116
I just sold my Note 3 to get the Ultra last week. For indoor use, the Note 3 camera kinda sucks. Battery life is so-so, only lasts about a day. Build quality on Note 3 feels cheap compared to Ultra. I was never in love with Note 3, it's really just the same old plastic Samsung phone with Touchwiz.

paulotex
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If you have 2 hours, you can see the videos from Erica Griffin. She goes into everyday usage of both phones. In the end she moved from the Ultra to the Note 3. Here are the links:
Erica Griffin on the Ultra
Erica Griffin on the Note 3

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 875
Well considering her size...even the Note 3 could feel way big huge for her.

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

hansip87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,742

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulotex View Post
If you have 2 hours, you can see the videos from Erica Griffin. She goes into everyday usage of both phones. In the end she moved from the Ultra to the Note 3. Here are the links:
Erica Griffin on the Ultra
Erica Griffin on the Note 3
It's her preferences ofc, plus if you look at her impression about xzu, it is clear that she likes xzu as her daily driver before going with note 3. And plus who doesn't love a new more expensive gadget hey? yeah the note 3 experience is a bit more complete (sans the real estate of the screen that xzu offered which she like the most about xzu) but that doesn't mean that xzu is a loser compared to note 3, no, far from it. It's just that they were built for different speciality.

Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers app
Love to Mod, Love to Experiment,
Sony Fanatic

My App Project:
Fast App Switcher Small App
System Monitor Small App

Phone History:
Nokia 6233 - Sony Ericsson K700i - SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro - SE Xperia Ray - Motorola RAZR Maxx - Xperia Z Ultra

fastest83
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I would change my Ultra for the next ultra and nothing else. Every time I see a Note 3 or someone holding it I can't seem to figure out if it's really a Note 3 or a Note 2 or a GS4. It just seems the same phone with some new tweaks is all.
Don't misunderstand me, I had a GS3 and loved it, and last year you could spot a GS3 right away, people here had an iPhone, or a GS3.
With the Ultra you stand out from the crowd, and not only for the sheer size, but also for everything else.
Somebody might mock you for the lack of flash or for the impossibility of changing batteries, but deep down you see most people love it and envy your big toy.
But, more importantly, it's a fantastic beast, it doesn't do anything slowly, it simply works and the stock ROM is the most beautiful I've ever tried.
My 2 cents.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fastest83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nathlynn22
Old
Thanks Meter 49
@LordManhattan I must now confess. I miss my xzu I've been without it since Friday. Sony received it yesterday and a 're supposidly going to check whether my stated problems are covered by warranty. ( I hope they are ) before I sent it I didn't double check boot loader after ta restore. But I think it's quite rare that it would still be unlocked.
Anyway after using my HTC one since I've been without it I've now decided I'm gunna stay with xzu and not get HTC one max.
You got your phone back yet?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk