FORUMS

[Q] How to force EVO to treat 4G as wifi for apps that works wifi only?

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kb-evo, Junior Member on 10th August 2010, 07:02 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have few apps that are restricted to work on wifi only.
Since 4G is unlimited and same fast as DSL (in my case) I'm looking for a solution to go around wifi only restriction.
Couldn't find any app that would do that.

Thanks for your help

11th August 2010, 01:33 PM |#2  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,311

Donate to Me
More
x2......yea my friends who own that other phone by the rotten apple always throwing that app they have that tricks the phone into thinking its on wifi so they can do facetime as they call it
11th August 2010, 02:47 PM |#3  
Flag Ojai

More
I have been trying to find the answer to this question myself. This is probably the only thing I have not seen on the android side that iphone was all over. There must be a solution to running WiFi only apps via 3G/4G.
11th August 2010, 04:51 PM |#4  

More
What apps only work on WiFi? I've never seen one yet. (not that they don't exist, just curious) You may want to talk to the developers, seeing as any app is allowed to use 3G/4G by default.
12th August 2010, 05:41 AM |#5  
Flag Ojai

More
Nova is what I was referring to. It's a gameloft title. The game is set up to allow for multiplayer marches via WiFi. But with 3g unrestrictor on the iPhone you could play via 3g. It was pretty sweet to drop some head shots while sitting in lax or dulles how do suggest I propose this functionality to the developers?

sent from my evo
12th August 2010, 02:25 PM |#6  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,311

Donate to Me
More
also uploading to Youtube can only be done on Wifi
23rd August 2010, 09:32 PM |#7  
EVO 4G Land

More
Evidently Grooveshark vip has this problem with hq songs as well. I knew I shouldn't have paid $30 for an app. I miss my 3g Unrestrictor.
23rd August 2010, 09:36 PM |#8  
New York City
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajah

Evidently Grooveshark vip has this problem with hq songs as well. I knew I shouldn't have paid $30 for an app. I miss my 3g Unrestrictor.

whats so amazing about that app that its $30?!
24th August 2010, 01:01 AM |#9  
EVO 4G Land

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenn

whats so amazing about that app that its $30?!

The $30 is actually dirt cheap. It's a music streaming app with a library of about 22 million songs. The $30 is for an annual membership.

By comparison that's 3 months (or 2 for multiple devices) worth of Rhapsody which has 10 million songs. Although I have used Rhapsody and there are pros and cons to each. Rhapsody has more organized search results, but Grooveshark allows you to search other users playlists, which is where I am finding a lot of new great music.

Overall the amount of music you can find and the overall interface on Grooveshark is better. But I'm learning now that it's quite buggy in this latest 2.08 revision. I'm hoping for a quick move to 2.09 and hoping they add scrobbling to last.fm like their desktop/laptop version does.

Overall though it's awesome to have so much music on demand at all times.
Last edited by rajah; 24th August 2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: corrected the $10 vs. $15/month price point for Rhapsody
24th August 2010, 01:16 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,375

Donate to Me
More
^^ so you paid $30 for a membership to an app because the library of songs is bigger? so how long would it take you to listen to 22 million songs as opposed to 10 million?
24th August 2010, 01:24 AM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Flag B-more
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajah

The $30 is actually dirt cheap. It's a music streaming app with a library of about 22 million songs. The $30 is for an annual membership.

By comparison that's 3 months (or 2 for multiple devices) worth of Rhapsody which has 10 million songs. Although I have used Rhapsody and there are pros and cons to each. Rhapsody has more organized search results, but Grooveshark allows you to search other users playlists, which is where I am finding a lot of new great music.

Overall the amount of music you can find and the overall interface on Grooveshark is better. But I'm learning now that it's quite buggy in this latest 2.08 revision. I'm hoping for a quick move to 2.09 and hoping they add scrobbling to last.fm like their desktop/laptop version does.

Overall though it's awesome to have so much music on demand at all times.

i got muzikcube for free and can stream my entire 1TB music library

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread