5,605,835 Members 47,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updates working?

Tip us?
 
cavaliersa
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Johannesburg
Default [Q] Updates working?

I've been using Omni since roughly the middle of December. I've been making use of the opendelta updates...but these have stopped working since 2014-02-17. I check for updates and it tells me Your system is up to date

My phone is a N7100 (Note 2)...note sure what other information is relevant here.

Anybody else experiencing this?
 
Entropy512
Old
#2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23432
Posts: 12,792
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Owego, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliersa View Post
I've been using Omni since roughly the middle of December. I've been making use of the opendelta updates...but these have stopped working since 2014-02-17. I check for updates and it tells me Your system is up to date

My phone is a N7100 (Note 2)...note sure what other information is relevant here.

Anybody else experiencing this?
Hmm, possibly the removal of the 2/18 nightly screwed up the system.

Try manually updating to see if it restarts.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
scifan
Old
#3  
scifan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 813
Join Date: Dec 2008
I know that the Xperia ZL updates don't automagically flash... (they download on the internal sdcard drive, but attempt to flash from the external sdcard drive...)

That doesn't seem to be the issue you're describing though...
 
Entropy512
Old
#4  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23432
Posts: 12,792
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Owego, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifan View Post
I know that the Xperia ZL updates don't automagically flash... (they download on the internal sdcard drive, but attempt to flash from the external sdcard drive...)

That doesn't seem to be the issue you're describing though...
Browse to the internal in TWRP and they should autoflash then.

I need to look into fixing TWRP's default search path when flashing via a script.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
 
scifan
Old
#5  
scifan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 813
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Browse to the internal in TWRP and they should autoflash then.

I need to look into fixing TWRP's default search path when flashing via a script.
I browse to them, and flash them manually and it works... but it doesn't work automatically...
 
excaliber88
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifan View Post
I browse to them, and flash them manually and it works... but it doesn't work automatically...
I had success going into TWRP Recovery mode and unchecking the zip file signature verification box. Once I did that, the autoupdates started to work again.
 
cavaliersa
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Johannesburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Hmm, possibly the removal of the 2/18 nightly screwed up the system.

Try manually updating to see if it restarts.
After updating to 2/22 manually the next updates (2/23) was picked up...when prompted to Flash Now I did so but now the update did not go through automatically as it had/has been for the previous month or so. Browsing to the update and selecting to install it manually worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber88 View Post
I had success going into TWRP Recovery mode and unchecking the zip file signature verification box. Once I did that, the autoupdates started to work again.
I'll have a look at this when 2/24 comes out today.
 
Ancientsthe
Old
#8  
Ancientsthe's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 22
Join Date: Nov 2012
Have the same problem "updates not working issue" when I did rollback to quickly solve the wifi issue on 18 feb.
See also my thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2652796

I see stil see the
omni-4.4.2-20140218-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip.md5sum
file.

Can somebody remove this md5 file so i don't have to do a manual update?
This will resolve the update not working issue.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
 
hichem jerbi
Old
#9  
hichem jerbi's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: marsa

 
DONATE TO ME
Exclamation help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliersa View Post
After updating to 2/22 manually the next updates (2/23) was picked up...when prompted to Flash Now I did so but now the update did not go through automatically as it had/has been for the previous month or so. Browsing to the update and selecting to install it manually worked.


I'll have a look at this when 2/24 comes out today.
can you please tell me how to manually update omnirom, thanks
 
cavaliersa
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Johannesburg
Sorry for not answer hichem but at least I see you came right.

To report back though...update went through smoothly last night.

A small (related) thing that has been bugging me though with Opendelta updates is that sometimes it takes a few Check now presses before it finds something...then it will stop and report that your system is up to date after having verified the update file you presently have and downloading the update file...press Check now again and it now patches the file before reporting that there is an update and you can flash.

Any reason to this behaviour?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes