root methods?

Search This thread

jackwagon06

Jan 12, 2013
Anybody know of any root methods yet? Loving this tab, but I would like wanam and full mwc. Then its game on for me! Willing to donate to anybody that has a working method.

Mods: sorry, I believe this should be under q&a, please move if correct, thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: stoehner

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
So far it has worked for a couple people and not worked for others. It didn't work for me. However, my tablet is not destroyed :) I just flashed the original recovery linked in Chainfire's thread and all is well. Except for not being rooted :/ sob.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

And this thread has instructions:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656551

bandshark

Apr 23, 2010
So far it has worked for a couple people and not worked for others. It didn't work for me. However, my tablet is not destroyed :) I just flashed the original recovery linked in Chainfire's thread and all is well. Except for not being rooted :/ sob.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

I had the same problem with getting stuck at cache.img. After a few failed attempts I switched usb ports and used Odin 3 v3.07 and it worked great. Hope this helps someone else.

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
With that version of Odin, did you leave F. Reset Time checked on? It's off with the version of Odin posted in ChainFire's thread.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I unchecked F. Reset Time and ran it, and it worked!!! Thank you so much :) BYE BYE BLOATWARE.

markklok

Nov 11, 2009
Moerdijk

Odin3-v1.85
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Odin3 v3.09
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
Won't go any further

Last edited:
Reactions: markklok1981

KCRickSS

Oct 24, 2008
Dang, I've tried every combination I can think of with no luck. I've used Odin 3.09 and 3.07, both with F. Reset Time flag on and off with no luck. I've even switched USB ports and rebooted my pc, still nothing. :crying:

Last edited:

hendav

Jun 11, 2010
Dang, I've tried every combination I can think of with no luck. I've used Odin 3.09 and 3.07, both with F. Reset Time flag on and off with no luck. I've even switched USB ports and rebooted my pc, still nothing. :crying:

I had the same problem and then I extracted with 7 zip instead of winzip and bam! It worked.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

jackwagon06

Jan 12, 2013
No problems using Chainfires CF. I have donated appropriately as well. Very glad to have it! Enjoying it since....

KCRickSS

Oct 24, 2008
Are you guys on SM-P900 (Wifi)? I've tried alternative unzippers with no impact. The MD5 always checks out in ODIN anyway, so I don't think that is the problem. Seems like the fact that it hangs when pushing cache.img (or right after) would point to something but I have no idea what it might be. I've now tried another computer also with the same result. I'm really wondering why there is an inconsistency with it - usually not the case.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Ok, well that was screwy. I decided to try to download the SMP905 file and give it a try, even though I'm on SMP900. Not surprisingly, it failed. This time it hung when pushing recovery.img. I quickly stopped it and went straight back to ODIN and went ahead to try the same SMP900 file I've been trying all along. BINGO - it worked that time!

Officially, I'm just sharing this and am not recommending this approach for anyone (not responsible for bricks, etc. etc.). But I'm happy it finally worked, one way or the other. :)

qasim

Sep 9, 2006
With that version of Odin, did you leave F. Reset Time checked on? It's off with the version of Odin posted in ChainFire's thread.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I unchecked F. Reset Time and ran it, and it worked!!! Thank you so much :) BYE BYE BLOATWARE.

Turning off F. Reset Time using Odin 3.09 worked for me too.

markklok

Nov 11, 2009
Moerdijk
Same result:

<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.

won't go any further then that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I had the same problem with getting stuck at cache.img. After a few failed attempts I switched usb ports and used Odin 3 v3.07 and it worked great. Hope this helps someone else.
    Anybody know of any root methods yet? Loving this tab, but I would like wanam and full mwc. Then its game on for me! Willing to donate to anybody that has a working method.

Mods: sorry, I believe this should be under q&a, please move if correct, thank you
    Have you guys tried Kango Root?
    Chainfire released root for Note 12.2:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50498424&postcount=235

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505G met Tapatalk