Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

5th wifi on UK firmware?

OP Duly.noted

9th March 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107

501 posts
So I got my new note 12.2 on Friday (finally traded in my 2014 for it) and rooted it on Saturday. After a misshap with a file mod for external sd permissions I got a lot of failures and had to flash with Odin back to stock. I am US but downloaded the UK firmware from Sammobile since I didn't see the US firmware. After rerooting and doing the sdcard write permission change correctly this time I have notice that the tablet will not see my 5ghz wifi band. Only the 2ghz band is visible. Can anyone with a UK tablet or firmware confirm if this is something specific to the firmware or has anyone who has done the platform.xml mod confirm if they also lost 5ghz bands over wifi? Hopefully I can troubleshoot this without flashing random firmwares to find a fix. As always thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app
9th March 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 73

330 posts
More
Have you tried using a different 5GHz channel on your router? My Nexus 10 always had issues with some of the channels the router's Auto setting was choosing.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
9th March 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107

501 posts
Solved flashed a Thailand firmware

10th March 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 287

394 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted

So I got my new note 12.2 on Friday (finally traded in my 2014 for it) and rooted it on Saturday. After a misshap with a file mod for external sd permissions I got a lot of failures and had to flash with Odin back to stock. I am US but downloaded the UK firmware from Sammobile since I didn't see the US firmware. After rerooting and doing the sdcard write permission change correctly this time I have notice that the tablet will not see my 5ghz wifi band. Only the 2ghz band is visible. Can anyone with a UK tablet or firmware confirm if this is something specific to the firmware or has anyone who has done the platform.xml mod confirm if they also lost 5ghz bands over wifi? Hopefully I can troubleshoot this without flashing random firmwares to find a fix. As always thanks for any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted

Solved flashed a Thailand firmware

Glad to hear you got it fixed. The UK version of the software you downloaded does not include the 5 GHz wifi. For some reason they do not support it in the UK at this time. Anyways glad to hear you got it fixed already.

Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Android.Ninja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread