5,596,925 Members 48,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken recovery / endless bootloop!

Tip us?

Zkaface
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Broken recovery / endless bootloop!

Hello there,

a few days ago i got a lot of problems with my wifi connections, and in a german forum they told me to check if a custom rom could work for me. So i installed the "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" tools to install the cwm and so on. After i flashed the recovery.img, my tablet restarted and now i am stucked in a boot loop.

The big problem is, I am not able to reach the menu for RCK and so on again with VOL- and Power Button. Just restarting and restarting and restarting... i can not connect via adb or fastboot. The only thing i can do is VOL+ and Power, Windows 8 then gives a signal of a connection, but i don't know what to do with this - cause I only have a black screen!

I hope, somebody is able to help me, to solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards

(sry for my bad english)

AngryDinosaur
Old
(Last edited by AngryDinosaur; 26th January 2014 at 07:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 352

DONATE TO ME
What version of stock Rom was it on the tablet when you flashed cwm and which version cwm did you flash

We recommended the latest Asus firmware and the latest working recovery is 6.0.4.7

Sent from my Note II using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I also had a bootloop before, I think I hold both volume and power to power down. Then wait 5 minutes then vol - and power to get into fastboot

Zkaface
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey! My version was the official 4.3 Update WW_10_26_1_18.

I wanted to install the Asus Stock Modded Deodexd Rom (10.26.1.18 JB 4.3) for root.

After I used this tutorial droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=3223 for installing cwm, my device started to begin his loop. I am not able to Use Vol- / power! I also waited for several minutes

AngryDinosaur
Old
Thanks Meter 352

DONATE TO ME
What happens if you just keep holding vol- and power without releasing

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3734
All you have to do is power and vol +/- then flash back the stock recovery via fastboot.

Then wipe. Then boot in as normal (you will have to re-set up). If wipe does not restore you, grab 10.26.1.18 for your SKU from asus , rename the .zip inside to T4_SDUPATE, place on an microsd, pop it in, enter boot loader and enter RCK. Then it will flash it.

You should fastboot boot to ensure you are ok before permanent flashing, when putting a new recovery on.

Your bootloader must be on 10.26.1.18 to use anything on DB.

Zkaface
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The Problem is, i have no fastboot connection anymore! The loop is going and going, vol- / pow does not work! It is still looping the asus logo and that's it!

pershoot
Old
(Last edited by pershoot; 27th January 2014 at 05:57 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkaface View Post
The Problem is, i have no fastboot connection anymore! The loop is going and going, vol- / pow does not work! It is still looping the asus logo and that's it!
You have to be fast. When.the screen goes black hold vol +/- (hold them both) and it will enter fastboot when it cycles since I doubt u can fully power off in that state. Leave USB plugged in.

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3734
also, reply back with how exactly you flashed recovery (the command). did you do a fastboot flash recovery recovery.img or a fastboot flash boot recovery.img?

Zkaface
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
also, reply back with how exactly you flashed recovery (the command). did you do a fastboot flash recovery recovery.img or a fastboot flash boot recovery.img?

that's a good question. I mean, i did exactly what is written in that post from droidbasement.

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3734
Then you should have no issue as long as you are on the appropriate boot loader. Hundreds if not thousands of users are using it at this point.

Power and hitting both vol + and - at same time should get it back in to fastboot. Please make sure you time it right.

Good luck.