XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook HD stable build for SD install

Tip us?

mogators1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Nook HD stable build for SD install

[Q][Nook HD]I have been running cm10.x from the emmc on all of my nooks (color, tablet and HD+). A friend just got an HD and wants to dual boot with stock on emmc and 10.x on sd. I have looked through many threads and can't seem to find any instructions which are running a stable release from the SD card. Can someone point me to a guide that is using a stable version of 10.x?
The Following User Says Thank You to mogators1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mogators1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
So I got a version running from SD from this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2063968. I cannot boot into stock with the SD card in the nook. The option is in the CWM boot menu, but it is dimmed out. Any ideas?

Also, I get the message that a new version is availabe (10.2.1). I'm assuming that if I flashed that, it would wipe out the stock firmware instead of updating the SD card to 10.2.1. Is that correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogators1 View Post
[Q][Nook HD]I have been running cm10.x from the emmc on all of my nooks (color, tablet and HD+). A friend just got an HD and wants to dual boot with stock on emmc and 10.x on sd. I have looked through many threads and can't seem to find any instructions which are running a stable release from the SD card. Can someone point me to a guide that is using a stable version of 10.x?

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3398

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogators1 View Post
So I got a version running from SD from this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2063968. I cannot boot into stock with the SD card in the nook. The option is in the CWM boot menu, but it is dimmed out. Any ideas?

Also, I get the message that a new version is availabe (10.2.1). I'm assuming that if I flashed that, it would wipe out the stock firmware instead of updating the SD card to 10.2.1. Is that correct?
Don't know about the first issue, you have to ask in that thread. But you are right, installing that CM10.2.1 will get installed to internal memory and wipe out stock.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]