FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Bought a Maxx that says "UNLOCKED.. Status Code: 1"

97 posts
Thanks Meter: 42
 
By kuz142, Member on 20th February 2014, 01:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
As stated in the title, I bought a Droid Maxx that apparently is bootloader unlocked. Does this mean I accidentally got a dev edition? Because as far as I know, it's impossible to unlock the retail version...
 
 
20th February 2014, 01:49 PM |#2  
BladeRunner's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 266
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142

As stated in the title, I bought a Droid Maxx that apparently is bootloader unlocked. Does this mean I accidentally got a dev edition? Because as far as I know, it's impossible to unlock the retail version...

does it say Developer Edition below the Verizon logo on the back of the phone? If not you might want to talk with a developer on here....
20th February 2014, 01:51 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner

does it say Developer Edition below the Verizon logo on the back of the phone? If not you might want to talk with a developer on here....

No it doesn't actually, I've looked at as many possible distinguishing characteristics on the device and it seems to be the retail version...
20th February 2014, 02:41 PM |#4  
BladeRunner's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 266
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142

No it doesn't actually, I've looked at as many possible distinguishing characteristics on the device and it seems to be the retail version...

So are you able to flash a custom recovery on that?
20th February 2014, 03:21 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner

So are you able to flash a custom recovery on that?

Not sure, is it worth trying? As of now I'm still on 4.2.2 with root and write protect off, and don't want to have to do any full resets if I screw anything up. Also, are there even any custom recoveries available for these devices?
20th February 2014, 03:34 PM |#6  
BladeRunner's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 266
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142

Not sure, is it worth trying? As of now I'm still on 4.2.2 with root and write protect off, and don't want to have to do any full resets if I screw anything up. Also, are there even any custom recoveries available for these devices?

Here is a version of TWRP for 4.2.2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2458449&page=7 link is in post #3. You can try flashing it in fastboot to see if it will overwrite the stock recovery. I don't believe there is any risk. If it's not compatible it will simply fail.

Method is to flash via fastboot, reboot bootloader, reboot to recovery then reboot system.
The Following User Says Thank You to BladeRunner For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 03:38 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner

Here is a version of TWRP for 4.2.2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2458449&page=7 link is in post #3. You can try flashing it in fastboot to see if it will overwrite the stock recovery. I don't believe there is any risk. If it's not compatible it will simply fail.

Method is to flash via fastboot, reboot bootloader, reboot to recovery then reboot system.

Worked great, running full TWRP now!
*survived a reboot too
20th February 2014, 03:41 PM |#8  
BladeRunner's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 266
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142

Worked great, running full TWRP now!
*survived a reboot too

Was this a new phone or did you buy it used?
20th February 2014, 03:43 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner

Was this a new phone or did you buy it used?

Used, bought on swappa because I needed one with 4.2.2, screwed up my old maxx on 4.4 and no way to fix that w/o losing root
20th February 2014, 03:51 PM |#10  
BladeRunner's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 266
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142

Used, bought on swappa because I needed one with 4.2.2, screwed up my old maxx on 4.4 and no way to fix that w/o losing root

anyway you can post a picture of your bootloader screen?

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142

Used, bought on swappa because I needed one with 4.2.2, screwed up my old maxx on 4.4 and no way to fix that w/o losing root

Which listing on Swappa was it? I was looking at the recently sold ones and am trying to figure out the history.
20th February 2014, 03:52 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner

anyway you can post a picture of your bootloader screen?

Differences from bootloader screen of my old maxx are: of course the "unlocked" and status code 1, and the option to "switch console"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140220_104712.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	2590733  
Last edited by kuz142; 20th February 2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: rotate picture

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes