XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bought a Maxx that says "UNLOCKED.. Status Code: 1"

Tip us?

kuz142
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default [Q] Bought a Maxx that says "UNLOCKED.. Status Code: 1"

As stated in the title, I bought a Droid Maxx that apparently is bootloader unlocked. Does this mean I accidentally got a dev edition? Because as far as I know, it's impossible to unlock the retail version...
If I've been helpful, please take a second to click the 'Thanks' button

My Devices: HTC Incredible, 2.3.4 > Moto Droid RAZR Maxx, CyanogenMod 10.1, Android 4.2.2 > Moto X, Droid Maxx, almost stock KitKat 4.4

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142 View Post
As stated in the title, I bought a Droid Maxx that apparently is bootloader unlocked. Does this mean I accidentally got a dev edition? Because as far as I know, it's impossible to unlock the retail version...
does it say Developer Edition below the Verizon logo on the back of the phone? If not you might want to talk with a developer on here....

kuz142
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner View Post
does it say Developer Edition below the Verizon logo on the back of the phone? If not you might want to talk with a developer on here....
No it doesn't actually, I've looked at as many possible distinguishing characteristics on the device and it seems to be the retail version...

My Devices: HTC Incredible, 2.3.4 > Moto Droid RAZR Maxx, CyanogenMod 10.1, Android 4.2.2 > Moto X, Droid Maxx, almost stock KitKat 4.4

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
No it doesn't actually, I've looked at as many possible distinguishing characteristics on the device and it seems to be the retail version...
So are you able to flash a custom recovery on that?

kuz142
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
So are you able to flash a custom recovery on that?
Not sure, is it worth trying? As of now I'm still on 4.2.2 with root and write protect off, and don't want to have to do any full resets if I screw anything up. Also, are there even any custom recoveries available for these devices?

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Not sure, is it worth trying? As of now I'm still on 4.2.2 with root and write protect off, and don't want to have to do any full resets if I screw anything up. Also, are there even any custom recoveries available for these devices?
Here is a version of TWRP for 4.2.2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2458449&page=7 link is in post #3. You can try flashing it in fastboot to see if it will overwrite the stock recovery. I don't believe there is any risk. If it's not compatible it will simply fail.

Method is to flash via fastboot, reboot bootloader, reboot to recovery then reboot system.
The Following User Says Thank You to BladeRunner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kuz142
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Here is a version of TWRP for 4.2.2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2458449&page=7 link is in post #3. You can try flashing it in fastboot to see if it will overwrite the stock recovery. I don't believe there is any risk. If it's not compatible it will simply fail.

Method is to flash via fastboot, reboot bootloader, reboot to recovery then reboot system.
Worked great, running full TWRP now!
*survived a reboot too

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Worked great, running full TWRP now!
*survived a reboot too
Was this a new phone or did you buy it used?

kuz142
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Was this a new phone or did you buy it used?
Used, bought on swappa because I needed one with 4.2.2, screwed up my old maxx on 4.4 and no way to fix that w/o losing root

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Used, bought on swappa because I needed one with 4.2.2, screwed up my old maxx on 4.4 and no way to fix that w/o losing root
anyway you can post a picture of your bootloader screen?

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Which listing on Swappa was it? I was looking at the recently sold ones and am trying to figure out the history.