Tip us?

killroot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Will this work?

Help Please.

Ok...Here's where I'm at...

I have a SGH-M919 from T-mobile running stock 4.3.

Without spending to time researching(you'll see why below). I first tied this rooting method...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...268880&page=41

Ended up soft bricking my SGH-M919. Got the "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" error and the phone would freeze on the Galaxy S 4 splash screen. I was still able to boot into recovery/download mode and, after countless hours I was able to get it back to stock 4.3.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm currently working with...

Will this root method work for my phone in its current state? Or will I brick again?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2294005

I have spend a total of about 12 hours over the course of 2 days searching and reading. I'm just a little burnt out and need a break. Am I over complicating things? Do I just need to grow a pair and try the above method? Somebody throw me a bone here. I'm just afraid of bricking again. It was a nightmare all day without a phone. The last time I rooted and flashed custom ROMs was about 2 years ago on my SGS3. I had no issues, read a few threads rooted and flashed a few custom ROM's till I was satisfied. Has it become that much more complicated?

Thanks in advance for your time....

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3473
Do CF Auto Root

If it doesn't work for any reason, restore to stock using Odin first. Then CF Auto Root
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

mrzhadow
Old
Thanks Meter 100
I agree with Skipjacks! CF will work just fine for you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app