FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[Stock ROM][FTF] Xperia ZL (C6506) 10.3.1.A.0.244 Commercial & Journalists

310 posts
Thanks Meter: 82

By spielnicht, Senior Member on 2nd August 2013, 01:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
As the title says, attached are the links to download the 10.3.1.A.0.244 Commercial/Journalists (1270-4005) firmware for the C6506. This contains the same baseband needed for the AT&T LTE, not sure about others. From my observations, the firmware is identical to the US Generic, nothing more...nothing less.

If you want to use it to flash other C6506 variants (e.g. Canada, Mexico, etc...), you should be able to flash everything except the baseband and that will maintain your original baseband. Alternatively, you can flash the original baseband afterwards if the included baseband doesn't support your carrier. Just make sure you have a stock FTF of your firmware before you decide to go this route.

I was also able to successfully root it via DoomLord's latest thread. It will require the kernel from the previous C6505 10.3.A.0.423 stock firmware (C6506 ONLY). Customization doesn't matter, as long as it's for the C6506 and Android 4.2.2 so the kernels match. If not, you'll get into a bootloop.

Upon successful initial boot, it will ask you to download Data/MMS settings. Just as well, it will default to WCDMA connection type, so just go under Settings>Networks(more)>Mobile Networks>Network Mode and select LTE.

It is always HIGHLY ADVISABLE that you keep a stock FTF of your firmware before flashing any other stock FTF that changes your customization, so you can easily go back to your original customization or repair the phone in case something goes wrong. You can learn more about this here.

Dev-Host
File 1: http://d-h.st/FSs
File 2: http://d-h.st/lsJ

You'll need 7-Zip or any extractor that can handle 7Z formats.
Last edited by spielnicht; 2nd August 2013 at 01:32 PM.

2nd August 2013, 02:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
So whats different on this compared to other stock images? Just curious

Sent from my Xperia Arc using xda app-developers app
2nd August 2013, 02:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Would this work for my locked canada C6506 ?
2nd August 2013, 03:06 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag DC

More
I noticed zero differences between this and US Generic. Software is dead on identical in every way. The only reason I flashed this is because Sony hasn't released the 10.3.1.A.0.244 for the C6505 US Generic...and I, and others I'm sure, are highly impatient to wait
2nd August 2013, 03:08 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag DC

More
It should work, just make sure you have an FTF of your current stock ROM in case you need to flash the baseband from it. Like I said, I don't know for certain whether the baseband from this ROM supports the LTE bands of your carrier or not. For me, AT&T was supported the same way the US Generic did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafferman

Would this work for my locked canada C6506 ?

2nd August 2013, 04:28 PM |#6  
California
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Can this rom work on locked bootloader?
2nd August 2013, 04:43 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag DC

More
Absolutely. Flashing stock FTFs don't require an unlocked bootloader, only custom ROMS do. So you should be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxx

Can this rom work on locked bootloader?

The Following User Says Thank You to spielnicht For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2013, 04:47 PM |#8  
California
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spielnicht

Absolutely. Flashing stock FTFs don't require an unlocked bootloader, only custom ROMS do. So you should be good to go.

Thanks! How is the rom so far? BTW I'm on T-Mobile USA
2nd August 2013, 04:52 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag DC

More
The update is awesome, the phone is pretty much flawless now.

BTW...Sony just released the update for the US Generic (just now)...so you might want to check for the the OTA or use PC Companion. In other words, you don't need to flash the ROM in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxx

Thanks! How is the rom so far? BTW I'm on T-Mobile USA

The Following User Says Thank You to spielnicht For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2013, 05:32 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spielnicht

The update is awesome, the phone is pretty much flawless now.

BTW...Sony just released the update for the US Generic (just now)...so you might want to check for the the OTA or use PC Companion. In other words, you don't need to flash the ROM in this thread.

Thanks for the heads up, might as well wait for the US generic
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread