Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Modem that will work with all SIM cards?

OP preaseunderstand

24th February 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I unlocked my SGH-I717 by accessing the hidden menu via the Dialer. It works with my tmobile sim card fine. What I'm wondering is would it work with any SIM card with the TMOBILE ICS modem, or do I need to use a different modem? I'm planning on selling it on ebay and need to know, because I need to make sure that I can advertised it as unlocked and able to work with any SIM. I would greatly appreciate any helpful response.
26th February 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #2  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 80

262 posts
More
You can tell the buyers that the phone is unlocked and they can flash their own modem if things don't work on their network.

There is no good answer to your question.
The Following User Says Thank You to ddochi11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by preaseunderstand

I unlocked my SGH-I717 by accessing the hidden menu via the Dialer. It works with my tmobile sim card fine. What I'm wondering is would it work with any SIM card with the TMOBILE ICS modem, or do I need to use a different modem? I'm planning on selling it on ebay and need to know, because I need to make sure that I can advertised it as unlocked and able to work with any SIM. I would greatly appreciate any helpful response.

Hidden menu via dialer? How is this accessed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
4th March 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #4  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,332

4,683 posts
Donate to Me
More
*#2263#

*2shaynez*kcco*aokp*
The Following User Says Thank You to shayneflashindaily For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #5  
Texas! Republic-Borders US to North and Mexico to south
Thanks Meter: 56

270 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by preaseunderstand

Yes. I have done a bunch.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

@ddochi11 I notice you are running
Galaxy Note i717 - AOKP 4.4.2
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - AOKP 4.4.2

I have one ATT i717 that's a been a pain with a weak signal. My questions
1-I am looking for a good modem, which baseband are you running?
2-I want to install AOKP 4.4.2 on wifey's phone but video issue had been a deal killer; I am not sure if I read somewhere that that is/was fixed with a patch or similar. Can you confirm if your video works ok? And if you have any other issue at all you have encountered with that ROM?
4th March 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #6  

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

*#2263#

*2shaynez*kcco*aokp*

Thank you. Entering exactly as shown didn't do anything but *#*#2263#*#* did take me to a blank "Service Mode" screen. I'm assuming this is where I need to be?

Is there a generic code to input or do I still need to use one of the "unlock websites"?

... OR am I totally way off base? lol

4th March 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #7  
Texas! Republic-Borders US to North and Mexico to south
Thanks Meter: 56

270 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbell

Thank you. Entering exactly as shown didn't do anything but *#*#2263#*#* did take me to a blank "Service Mode" screen. I'm assuming this is where I need to be?

Is there a generic code to input or do I still need to use one of the "unlock websites"?

... OR am I totally way off base? lol

Are you trying to free unlock the phone? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024514
The Following User Says Thank You to jayinc11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #8  

11 posts
More
By
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayinc11

Yes. I have done a bunch.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

@ddochi11 I notice you are running
Galaxy Note i717 - AOKP 4.4.2
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - AOKP 4.4.2

I have one ATT i717 that's a been a pain with a weak signal. My questions
1-I am looking for a good modem, which baseband are you running?
2-I want to install AOKP 4.4.2 on wifey's phone but video issue had been a deal killer; I am not sure if I read somewhere that that is/was fixed with a patch or similar. Can you confirm if your video works ok? And if you have any other issue at all you have encountered with that ROM?

I've noticed a slight signal loss too with every 4.4 ROM I've tried. They all seem to have the same video issue as well. @Polluti0n has a video patch, that works great for me on all the 4.4 roms, in the OP here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47671220

Last edited by jjbell; 4th March 2014 at 05:37 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jjbell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread