Galaxy S4 Black Edition experiences

OP daanismyname

20th March 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

124 posts
More
Hi there, everyone!

I noticed there was not yet a thread for the new S4 Black Edition. In about 20 days I will get one, but I would like to hear some experiences from people who have already got one.
When mine arrives I will post my findings here as well.

What is the advantage over the Black Mist colour? Does the back feel nice? Does anybody know whether this version will get slower updates than the earlier models?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
20th March 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

39 posts
Definitely looks great, I'm interested also if anyone has more information to share.
20th March 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 21

148 posts
More
Hey there,

I've got the Black Edition for a week now and I can happely say I love it!
I have had the Black Mist one but this one has got a much better premium feel.
I really love how the front is finally completely black, as opposing to the ugly black the Black Mist had.
The back of the device feels really awesome. Grip is so much better and you can't stop rubbing your fingers over it because it feels so nice.
If you get the change to buy a Galaxy S4 I would not look further and go with the Black Edtion. You won't regret it.

About updates, it's just the same old i9505, just another color and back. You will get updates as fast as the others get updates.
20th March 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 125

438 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejong12

Hey there,

I've got the Black Edition for a week now and I can happely say I love it!
I have had the Black Mist one but this one has got a much better premium feel.
I really love how the front is finally completely black, as opposing to the ugly black the Black Mist had.
The back of the device feels really awesome. Grip is so much better and you can't stop rubbing your fingers over it because it feels so nice.
If you get the change to buy a Galaxy S4 I would not look further and go with the Black Edtion. You won't regret it.

About updates, it's just the same old i9505, just another color and back. You will get updates as fast as the others get updates.

About updates is not true. Black edition gets separate updates from regular i9505, because of the wallpapers and ringtones. So the OTA updates will be slower than others.
20th March 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 21

148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean-xXx

About updates is not true. Black edition gets separate updates from regular i9505, because of the wallpapers and ringtones. So the OTA updates will be slower than others.

Ah, I might have said that because I wanted KitKat so I flashed the latest available rom for the i9505.
20th March 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 272

800 posts
I was going too pick one up today because in my region (Cambodia) they previously sold only the i9500 and I read that the Black Edition was the i9505. My bubble was busted at the phone shop today when I saw that it was an i9500. And the quality of the back cover was pretty meh. The fit around the camera was sloppy, and the gloss of the leather grain texture was very inconsistent. But from a distance, it looked fantastic. The normally bright chrome strip on the side had a really nice smoked tint that looked great with the black. Too bad it was just another i9500 :/
20th March 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Is the black edition a 9500 or 9505 ?
20th March 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 272

800 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelain heart

Is the black edition a 9500 or 9505 ?

Yes. Apparently it depends on region. I was under the impression that it was i9505 only until I saw the i9500 Special Edition this morning.
20th March 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #9  
Flag Preveza
Thanks Meter: 6

43 posts
More
Thumbs up Black Edition
Hi there
When I saw the black edition online I sold my black mist and baught this one straight away.
It feels perfect. Go on and buy it. It is and feels much more premium than the other one.
As they say it is like the s4 should have been from the start.
The only thing is that the other one was already on 4.4.2 here in Greece and the new one (Slovakia model) is on 4.3
I just hope that the update is gonna come soon. I have to agree that it should have separate update from the other models due to the different wallpapers and ringtones.
All in all a perfect choice. :
BTW the metal rim is much darker than the shiny one on the black mist version.
20th March 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

124 posts
More
Thank you all for the comments Cannot wait to get mine, and reading the reactions I am content that I did not opt for the Black Mist.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread