Wink

Working root that does not trigger Knox!?

16th June 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Timrċ
Thanks Meter: 8

12 posts
More
I just tested Towelroot on my GT-I9506 running latest NEE 4.3 and it worked like a charm and did not trigger Knox.
Thread found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783157

Happy rooting
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to banerbocken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 26

73 posts
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by banerbocken

I just tested Towelroot on my GT-I9506 running latest NEE 4.3 and it worked like a charm and did not trigger Knox.
Thread found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783157

Happy rooting

Works perfectly!
16th June 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 45

154 posts
More
Please, can you help me?

I've downloaded the towelroot apk and installed it. Then, once the phone was rebooted, I've installed supersu from playstore, but it ask me to update de SU binaries, I select the normal option but it gives me a message about samsung knox and if I want to try to disable it, I select no because I don't know if it will affect to the knox counter.... What are the steps please?

And if I download the suggested SuperSU from the towelroot thread, I can't install it because it's a flashable zip that I can't install because I have stock recovery...
16th June 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 26

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alestilohomer

Please, can you help me?

I've downloaded the towelroot apk and installed it. Then, once the phone was rebooted, I've installed supersu from playstore, but it ask me to update de SU binaries, I select the normal option but it gives me a message about samsung knox and if I want to try to disable it, I select no because I don't know if it will affect to the knox counter.... What are the steps please?

And if I download the suggested SuperSU from the towelroot thread, I can't install it because it's a flashable zip that I can't install because I have stock recovery...

Towelroot installs needed files for root. I didnt install SuperSU at all from play store cause its not latest version.
ChainFire is updating SuperSU soon and when latest version (1.99) is online you can install it from play store.

After Towelroot I just installed Titanium Backup (and pro key) and freezed all crap including knox.
The Following User Says Thank You to bumax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #5  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
More
After using towelroot on a KNOX-enabled stock 4.3 device, is is possible to revert back to the 4.2.2 bootloader without burning the e-fuse?
16th June 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 45

154 posts
More
Ok, tried to delete system apps, including the knox ones, with root explorer and was successfull!

And about the downgrade, it will change the knox status for sure, because knox is in the bootloader too, not only the apps and libraries, and here, root doesn't made any chance...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9506 mediante Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #7  
Flag Stockholm

27 posts
More
The KNOX e-fuse should be burned only by the bootloader in ODIN mode when it flashes an unsigned file to the device. Getting local root on the device and writing a new bootloader directly to the flash should not be able to affect the e-fuse?
19th June 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #8  
Prague
Thanks Meter: 52

191 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlund

The KNOX e-fuse should be burned only by the bootloader in ODIN mode when it flashes an unsigned file to the device. Getting local root on the device and writing a new bootloader directly to the flash should not be able to affect the e-fuse?

It is slightly wrong. You shoud burned KNOX when you flash different version of kernel, recovery, bootloader.
You can flash system, modem, NON-HLOS and maybe others. I've tested only system and NON-HLOS.

Now I have my GT-I9506 Singapore version with KNOX warranty void 0x0 in this configuration:
System and NON-HLOS from Finladian version: I9506XXUBNE1
The others from original Sigapore version: I9506XXUBND2
towelroot.com installed and working!

Thanks to towelroot
19th June 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #9  
Flag Stockholm

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomogo

It is slightly wrong. You shoud burned KNOX when you flash different version of kernel, recovery, bootloader.
You can flash system, modem, NON-HLOS and maybe others. I've tested only system and NON-HLOS.

Yes, but you are talking about flashing this via download/odin mode, right?

My point is that with root, you should be able to modify the flash directly, overwriting the bootloader.
Last edited by tlund; 19th June 2014 at 05:41 PM.
19th June 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

86 posts
Would it be possible to receive original updates OTA with this root?

Sendt fra min GT-I9506 med Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread