Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,139 Members 51,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Error when installing kitkat update

Tip us?

Paulitics
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Error when installing kitkat update

This is a repost from the 4.4 discussion thread, I decided it would be more appropriate to ask here.

I still can't update. I've tried 4 times now (each time I have to re-download the update, it's super annoying). Each time I've tried, it fails at 27% and it just says error. After the reboot, it will say can't install update, please update using a computer (kies) or go to the nearest samsung center.

I really don't want to have to factory reset. I've tried clearing cache and making it as factory settings as possible, but still nothing. I'm completely stock, not rooted with official device status... What the hell samsung? Also, I downloaded the latest kies and it says my firmware is up to date, so that's not gonna work.

Any advice? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

rpenrod23
Old
Thanks Meter 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulitics View Post
This is a repost from the 4.4 discussion thread, I decided it would be more appropriate to ask here.

I still can't update. I've tried 4 times now (each time I have to re-download the update, it's super annoying). Each time I've tried, it fails at 27% and it just says error. After the reboot, it will say can't install update, please update using a computer (kies) or go to the nearest samsung center.

I really don't want to have to factory reset. I've tried clearing cache and making it as factory settings as possible, but still nothing. I'm completely stock, not rooted with official device status... What the hell samsung? Also, I downloaded the latest kies and it says my firmware is up to date, so that's not gonna work.

Any advice? Thanks!

Assuming you are attempting to d/l the update via WiFi, correct?

Something else to try is clearing data for (I believe) Google Framework and re-attempting the update. This worked on my son's S3.
------------------------------------------------------
Galaxy Note 3

Retired: Motorola Q --> HTC Touch Pro --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO 4G --> HTC EVO 3D --> HTC EVO 4G LTE --> Samsung Galaxy S4 --> Samsung Galaxy Note 3
------------------------------------------------------

The Following User Says Thank You to rpenrod23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Paulitics
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpenrod23 View Post
Assuming you are attempting to d/l the update via WiFi, correct?

Something else to try is clearing data for (I believe) Google Framework and re-attempting the update. This worked on my son's S3.
Yep, I'm downloading over wifi, but I can try clearing data for Google play services. Thanks! I'll let you know if it works.

JSnively
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Yep, I'm downloading over wifi, but I can try clearing data for Google play services. Thanks! I'll let you know if it works.

Paulitics,

Did you ever root your phone? I only rooted my to do the hot spot hack then unrooted mine is also failing at 27%.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSnively For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

insane209
Old
Thanks Meter 414
Quote:

Any advice? Thanks!

This thread might help:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2653624

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnively View Post
Paulitics,

Did you ever root your phone? I only rooted my to do the hot spot hack then unrooted mine is also failing at 27%.

Sent from Sprint Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to insane209 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Paulitics
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnively View Post
Paulitics,

Actually, I did at one point I was rooted, but I unrooted and factory reset. My device says official, but it's probably not good enough for an ota update to pass. I plan on flashing mj4 later using Odin and factory resetting to get completely stock.

The Following User Says Thank You to Paulitics For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hareofthedog
Old
(Last edited by hareofthedog; 21st February 2014 at 04:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
That would be wise. Simply unrooting by itself doesn't take you to bone stock IF the reason you rooted in the first place was to, say, debloat or otherwise hack some functionality onto this bad boy.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

insane209
Old
(Last edited by insane209; 22nd February 2014 at 02:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 414
To get ota from mj4: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2657303

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk