FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

[Q] Stock 4.3 Kingo rooted to 4.4.2 problems

1,825 posts
Thanks Meter: 300

By JimSmith94, Senior Member on 21st February 2014, 06:33 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was stock rooted with Kingo and marked official with Wanam Xposed so I unrooted with Kingo and ran Xposed Disabler. So far I have downloaded the official update three times, it goes through the motions of rebooting and installing, but at the end it says it failed.

How can I get this installed? Will Odin'ing Freeza's tar fix it? If not, do I need to install an official MJ4 tar first? Will either of these tars wipe my data? Any other suggestions? I'd like to end up stock rooted on KitKat without tripping Knox if possible.

21st February 2014, 09:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94

I was stock rooted with Kingo and marked official with Wanam Xposed so I unrooted with Kingo and ran Xposed Disabler. So far I have downloaded the official update three times, it goes through the motions of rebooting and installing, but at the end it says it failed.

How can I get this installed? Will Odin'ing Freeza's tar fix it? If not, do I need to install an official MJ4 tar first? Will either of these tars wipe my data? Any other suggestions? I'd like to end up stock rooted on KitKat without tripping Knox if possible.

I was getting a fail at 27% I flashed the stock Tar for Kitkat from Freeza and it worked great all data in tacked. I was not rooted but I am guessing you will loose root.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSnively For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread