Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

[Q] Stock 4.3 Kingo rooted to 4.4.2 problems

21st February 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 212

1,396 posts
More
I was stock rooted with Kingo and marked official with Wanam Xposed so I unrooted with Kingo and ran Xposed Disabler. So far I have downloaded the official update three times, it goes through the motions of rebooting and installing, but at the end it says it failed.

How can I get this installed? Will Odin'ing Freeza's tar fix it? If not, do I need to install an official MJ4 tar first? Will either of these tars wipe my data? Any other suggestions? I'd like to end up stock rooted on KitKat without tripping Knox if possible.
21st February 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 115

431 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94

I was stock rooted with Kingo and marked official with Wanam Xposed so I unrooted with Kingo and ran Xposed Disabler. So far I have downloaded the official update three times, it goes through the motions of rebooting and installing, but at the end it says it failed.

How can I get this installed? Will Odin'ing Freeza's tar fix it? If not, do I need to install an official MJ4 tar first? Will either of these tars wipe my data? Any other suggestions? I'd like to end up stock rooted on KitKat without tripping Knox if possible.

I was getting a fail at 27% I flashed the stock Tar for Kitkat from Freeza and it worked great all data in tacked. I was not rooted but I am guessing you will loose root.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSnively For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread