Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,845 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock 4.3 Kingo rooted to 4.4.2 problems

Tip us?

JimSmith94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 206
Default [Q] Stock 4.3 Kingo rooted to 4.4.2 problems

I was stock rooted with Kingo and marked official with Wanam Xposed so I unrooted with Kingo and ran Xposed Disabler. So far I have downloaded the official update three times, it goes through the motions of rebooting and installing, but at the end it says it failed.

How can I get this installed? Will Odin'ing Freeza's tar fix it? If not, do I need to install an official MJ4 tar first? Will either of these tars wipe my data? Any other suggestions? I'd like to end up stock rooted on KitKat without tripping Knox if possible.

JSnively
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
I was stock rooted with Kingo and marked official with Wanam Xposed so I unrooted with Kingo and ran Xposed Disabler. So far I have downloaded the official update three times, it goes through the motions of rebooting and installing, but at the end it says it failed.

How can I get this installed? Will Odin'ing Freeza's tar fix it? If not, do I need to install an official MJ4 tar first? Will either of these tars wipe my data? Any other suggestions? I'd like to end up stock rooted on KitKat without tripping Knox if possible.
I was getting a fail at 27% I flashed the stock Tar for Kitkat from Freeza and it worked great all data in tacked. I was not rooted but I am guessing you will loose root.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSnively For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]