OP adityaomverma

19th February 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
More
Hi,

Last week my friend was robbed..and that bugger had the guts to snatch his Note 2 from his hand and run away in a moving bus... he had ADM & Kaspersky Security installed. this is how it happened, the incident took place at 9:27 AM he called me immediately and while i logged in on the site and fire the lock and remote wipe commands it was 9:46 AM.. very obviously the bugger had removed the sim immediately so non of the commands were executed and it is highly possible that he will sell it to some local shop who will first flash the mobile before using it..apart from filing a complaint at police station and putting the IMEI number under surveillance which I know is not happening any time soon.

My question is : Is their a way where we can restrict Flashing the mobile with a password..and to unlock the flashing security the mobile needs to be switched on and connected to a network.. this will at least give us some time for remote wipe and location tracking of that thief/ or otherwise at least he will not be able to use the hardware at all.

Thanks in advance
21st February 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Varanasi
Thanks Meter: 4,417

2,768 posts
Donate to Me
More
There's no way to locate your phone if its not connected to network and there's no sim card installed. If theif is smart enough, he will first switch it off and take out the sim card. If he's dumb, he will start calling( from your sim with internet connected) his friends that he stole a new phone..lol
And you know, its android. You can reset very easily and flash custom rom in recovery.
This is how I lost my GNote1 while travelling. It bumped out of pocket and fell somewhere. Then I called it from my friends phone and it was switched off. Tried locating but it couldn't locate...

Sent from my JellyKatted Note2
21st February 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
More
Exactly Manny thats what i am saying...but can we have a way to stop that phone getting flashed ? I mean can we have a recovery mode password or something that way he won't be able to flash any rom on it...if i am not able to use it...that losser has no right to use it as well rght?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
21st February 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Varanasi
Thanks Meter: 4,417

2,768 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaomverma

Exactly Manny thats what i am saying...but can we have a way to stop that phone getting flashed ? I mean can we have a recovery mode password or something that way he won't be able to flash any rom on it...if i am not able to use it...that losser has no right to use it as well rght?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

No way..recovery can't be password protected. If password protection was possible, you should already had it password protected. Since you don't have, its very easy to flash any rom.

21st February 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #5  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 100

483 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyvinny

There's no way to locate your phone if its not connected to network and there's no sim card installed. If theif is smart enough, he will first switch it off and take out the sim card. If he's dumb, he will start calling( from your sim with internet connected) his friends that he stole a new phone..lol
And you know, its android. You can reset very easily and flash custom rom in recovery.
This is how I lost my GNote1 while travelling. It bumped out of pocket and fell somewhere. Then I called it from my friends phone and it was switched off. Tried locating but it couldn't locate...

exactly how i lost my Note 1 too.. in a metro
21st February 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Sadly not I'm afraid- can't protect a recovery in any way as far as I'm aware.
22nd February 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #7  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 15

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty141

Sadly not I'm afraid- can't protect a recovery in any way as far as I'm aware.

And even if you could, anybody could just flash a new recovery through Odin.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flash, imei, password, security, sim
Previous Thread Next Thread