Ask a question

No registration required

Resolution and Apps

OP mikea3000

20th February 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

375 posts
Did anyone notice that with the resolution so high, some apps (words with friends for example) defaults to landscape view whereas on my older note 8.0, it would display in portorait. I think this is because the app thinks the tablet has a larger screen.

Thoughts?
20th February 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 23

104 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea3000

Did anyone notice that with the resolution so high, some apps (words with friends for example) defaults to landscape view whereas on my older note 8.0, it would display in portorait. I think this is because the app thinks the tablet has a larger screen.

Thoughts?

This will get adjusted as soon as the app developers can adjust their apps to the resolution of the screen because it's not the same resolution as other tablets.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quentin.Sheley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 35

177 posts
Guys do you know, will I be able to install third party apps from outside of market (for example buy putting them on my sd card) or knox will stop me of doing so?
25th February 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 38

390 posts
This drives me bonkers on my note 10.1. I have reputation off yet so many open up landscape mode.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Sudbury78 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #5  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 41

135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhworl

Guys do you know, will I be able to install third party apps from outside of market (for example buy putting them on my sd card) or knox will stop me of doing so?

You can Knox will not stop you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kodochax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 201

777 posts
for the rotation: I highly recommend set orientation, it's free and lets you do truly full auto-rotation (ie, want Flipboard in phone mode to rotate? It'll let you) and will also let you lock orientation.

Also, for folks with root, take a look at installing Xposed followed by app settings. I use it mostly for dialing up size on apps that display ridiculously small fonts on the high resolution devices, but it has orientation settings that can be configured on a per-app basis and may help wth apps starting up in orientations that you don't want.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread